How to default to an english audio track on an openpli 2.1 image

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,150 times. The last Post () by barodian2000.

• I already googled it for a few hours and tried a bunch of solutions posted online, but non of them seemed to work...

My common sense told me I would be able to edit my setting file to something like that, but to no avail:
    config.autolanguage.audio_autoselect1=English Englisch dos haa qaa org engl orj dos ORY orig org TOriginal Audio_ORJ

(tried it in a bunch of different syntaxes, in case I needed to put # as a separator, for example)

Through Openwebif and the settings menu in the box, also didn't work...

All the information seemed to be outdated and not working properly, and I'm quite frustrated.
    Why put settings which doesn't work properly? It's better just to remove them, if you ask me.

Also, if I change the audio track manually, the system seems to remember it for a while but after somewhat time it "forgets" the change. Why/When this is happning? And how can I subvert this behavior, and save the information permanently?

Thanks for your help.

*my box is Sunray4 800se Triple tuner.

• Official Post

Before asking for help again please visit Introductions as per forum rules.

Menu>Setup>System>Auto Language Selection.

• Yeah it's there, but will it blend? I don't think so...
    I made the introductory post, and also tried the settings above before.

You can only select "english" and "original" so what's the point?
    Most of the time it's one of this guys "dos haa qaa org engl orj dos ORY orig org TOriginal Audio_ORJ Undetermined", which it doesn't autodetect.

I'm not sure it does anything at all to be honest.

• Official Post

Yeah it's there, but will it blend? I don't think so...
    I made the introductory post, and also tried the settings above before.

You can only select "english" and "original" so what's the point?
    Most of the time it's one of this guys "dos haa qaa org engl orj dos ORY orig org TOriginal Audio_ORJ Undetermined", which it doesn't autodetect.

I'm not sure it does anything at all to be honest.

You should have the option to choose between many languages i certainly do, i would update the image buddy.

• You misunderstood.
    I've the other languages, I was only referring to what may be available as an english option, as I've tried it and it didn't fulfill it's intended function.

If I look at the file, it puts this line: config.autolanguage.audio_autoselect1=eng qaa
    Seemes a bit short...

The image is up to date.

The info on the about page says:
    Enigma: Jan 3 2013
    Last upgrade: 2013-05-05

That's the file I used: openpli-2.1-beta-dm800se-20130103-sim2-ssl84b.nfi

• No luck. I tried that also beforehand.

Here is a screenshot of my settings there:

http://i.imgur.com/rbOAAVP.jpg

I'm testing currently on Cinema MAX at 13E which has an "Undetermind" audio track (tried it also for "Audio_ORJ").
    Does this function works properly for you guys?

*I reboot the machine after any change, just in case...

• It doesn't install properly - "Some plugins are not availalbe: Extensions/2LANG (no module named 2lang.plugin)", so I couldn't check.

Is there another link?

This version "2lang_3.01.00-r0_mipsel.ipk" caused my green screens after boot.

• There are some images that don't have the 'undetermined' option available in auto language selection. This is annoying, and I steer clear of these images, but not a major stress, just a bit annoying! If you leave "prefer audio stored by service" as no, then it won't default to what it was before and will select audio based on the audio language selection preferences, but on the other hand, if you leave it as yes, then you can select English manually on a particular channel and it will remember this choice (in theory anyway!). It is simple enough anyway to press the audio button and choose the preferred language, so it shouldn't really be causing you so much stress that you are reaching for the Valium!

In your audio language selection - there is no point selecting the same language option 3 times. Select English first, Undetermined second (if you have it) and original as the third - this is how I have mine.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Try changing the "prefer audio stored by service" to no

Great tip, bud! Tip of the hat to you. beer10

Finally, the preferred audio track setting seems to work it's magic.
    I can still select manually an audio track, if I choose to, but if I change the audio for example to polish and then switch back to the channel, it reselect the correct English audio track - PERFECT! I also tested it for an "undetermined" audio track, and it just worked!

I didn't yet tested it thoroughly, to see if it choose correctly at other audio tracks names, but at least it I can say, very quickly, it works much better now.
    Thanks a million!

This setting should come OFF as a default! Otherwise it's just ruin stuff.

but on the other hand, if you leave it as yes, then you can select English manually on a particular channel and it will remember this choice (in theory anyway!).

I can tell you in practice, not in theory, that it doesn't work, and it's much better to disable it.
    In my case, it always forgets it eventually, I still didn't figure it out exactly why and when, maybe it's because I have about 6000 services in my favorites and it's overloaded. Also, it will NOT auto select the correct audio track which you had configured.

It is simple enough anyway to press the audio button and choose the preferred language, so it shouldn't really be causing you so much stress that you are reaching for the Valium!

I myself can cope with this annoyance somehow. but... I'm setting this up for my parents and I need it to be as much as user friendly as possible.

In your audio language selection - there is no point selecting the same language option 3 times. Select English first, Undetermined second (if you have it) and original as the third - this is how I have mine.

Yeah, I know. It's was for testing purposes only out of desperation. English is the only language i'm interested in anyway, so I thought I will drill it in. hahaha.
    I don't have an "undetermined" setting, but base on one channel that I checked, it does seems to work for it also.
    It seems to have a much more PREDICTABLE behavior now, with the setting turned off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now... I need your help for a similar problem, but for the subtitles this time.

I need it in English and to remember/auto select it on it's own.
    Alot of the time, I see that instead of selecting the English subtitle track, which, in this case, it is named appropriately - English, it creates a non-existing, no-named, empty sub track, which it defaults to.
    After selecting the correct sub track, the empty sub track disappear.

Is there, by any chance, also a "prefer subs stored by service" setting? =]

I'm testing currently on MMX FESTIVAL at 7E.

• I had similar issue, and after reading posts, some play around, I finally managed to narrow it down to only English Language.
    please follow the below steps
    Menu > Setup >System > Auto Language Selecction >Audio Language selecction 1 - English, Audio Language selecction 2- English, Audio Language selecction 3- Original, Audio Language selecction 4 - Undetermined

Subtitle language selection 1 - English
    Subtitle language selection 2 - English
    Subtitle language selection 3 - English
    Subtitle language selection 4 - English

Hope this helps :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!