Installed Debian 6 + Oscam/CCcam = now completely stumped as to how to get working?

There are 40 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,419 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Official Post

But if that N line is within CCcam.cfg so cccam (server) can connect to oscam (reader), surely the newcamd port needs to be open that is separate to that of CCcam's port?

Ports don't need to be open for internal network communications between protocols, you open a port to allow an external client to be able to connect to your server which is CCcam.

• howdy, looks like you are getting there, its a great feeling when you get it working. just thought i would let you know, that i too have the same card, and the only issue i have is that when your year sub runs out this config does not activate the renewal. the only way i could get it to re-activate was oscam with mgcamd in my duo. i am not sure if there is a way you can do this in the current setup but just thought i would spread the info i have gathered.

I will bare this in mind, but shouldn't be a problem as I normally update via my AZBOX anyways. I am getting there, just need to figure out the above now.

Currently I believe oscam is connected to cccam...

...but I still cannot connect AZBOX to cccam as doesn't show up in client.

Can someone please look at my configs in post 19 to see where I might be going wrong?

• I already have that, all be it a different user (linuxsat1) and password (support1).

Perhaps the port number is incorrect? Should the portnumber in the cline be that of newcamd or cccam?

Perhaps I'm missing the whole point of Oscam? As it stands then, Oscam is simply acting as a card reader, nothing more. CCcam when set up correctly should run exactly as normal, ie servers will show up under servers (which I currently have working just fine), and clients will show up under clients (which I do not have currently work, no one can connect). Is this correct? I've literally been at this now for over 5 hours! :dribble:

• Official Post

Perhaps the port number is incorrect? Should the portnumber in the cline be that of newcamd or cccam?

The port to be used on the C line is CCcams SERVER LISTEN PORT:

Debian CCcam.cfg
    N: 192.168.0.9 ***** linuxsat support 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 <<<< This port number is different to that of cccam port.
    F: linuxsat1 support1

The N line needs to have 256 on the end like below to allow proper reshare.

Code
    N: 192.168.0.9 ***** linuxsat support 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 [COLOR='#FF0000']256[/COLOR]
  • Yep I have everything correct then with regards to c and fline. 256 was missing in post, but it's actually there and as I understand shouldn't make a difference to whether client can connect or not, only how local is shown.

I can confirm port used in Cline is the SERVER LISTEN PORT:, but still no client can connect, no client is shown within CCcam.info, so something is missing here. Can someone please confirm...

Perhaps I'm missing the whole point of Oscam? As it stands then, Oscam is simply acting as a card reader, nothing more. CCcam when set up correctly should run exactly as normal, ie servers will show up under servers (which I currently have working just fine), and clients will show up under clients (which I do not have currently work, no one can connect). Is this correct?

Also does my picture look correct in post #22?

Anyone, any idea why clients cannot connect please? I can confirm the port I using is open and 100% working using cccam alone (on old server).

To make things simpler to ensure there isn't a conflict, here are those lines again. These are not my actual port numbers, but an example to show that two different ports are being used.

Debian CCCam.cfg
    N: 192.168.0.9 14253 linuxsat support 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256
    F: linuxsat1 support1

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000

AZBOX CCcam.cfg
    C: 192.168.0.9 12000 linuxsat1 support1

• Official Post

Anyone, any idea why clients cannot connect please? I can confirm the port I using is open and 100% working using cccam alone (on old server).

Is the old server still active on your network ? If so and it`s using the same SERVER LISTEN PORT: the port 12000 will conflict..

Anyone, any idea why clients cannot connect please?

Do you have also have external clients trying to connect ? If so are you using the servers ip address or dynamic hostname on the C line ?

• No old server is not active. Only mentioned to confirm port is 100% working and open.

No other external clients are trying to connect. I used my actual cccam.cfg just to test if anyone could connect (which they couldn't), and apart from that, I've been using simple cccam.cfg as shown above.

EDIT!!

PRAISE CRISPS AND BEER, I'M CONNECTED!!!

Are you ready for a face palm???

It..............just............took............a..............reboot!!! :beated:

I had been simply restarting via Oscam Webif up until this point, which in my defence worked for everything else but this.

I still need to test to make sure other clients can connect, but can't see that being a problem. For now I need to give my brain a rest and go have a chicken burger! Thanks for all you help guys, it's really much appreciated! :thumbsup:

I do still have one questions outstanding? Why have Oscam simply as a reader and not allow it to do everything? What advantages (if any) is there of using separate cccam? Setting up Oscam to use the built in cccam protocol is far simpler to do as I found about half a day ago now!

• Official Post

I do still have one questions outstanding? Why have Oscam simply as a reader and not allow it to do everything? What advantages (if any) is there of using separate cccam? Setting up Oscam to use the built in cccam protocol is far simpler to set up as I found about half a day ago.

There are no benefits buddy some simply prefer to share via CCcam while others choose oscam, its down to personal preference more than anything & now that CCcam no longer appears to be supported oscam seems to be the way most are going.

• Official Post

I do still have one questions outstanding? Why have Oscam simply as a reader and not allow it to do everything? What advantages (if any) is there of using separate cccam? Setting up Oscam to use the built in cccam protocol is far simpler to do as I found about half a day ago now!

Have a look at this thread buddy here --> http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…erver-cccam-protocol.html..

• Hi guys, I'm baaaaack :)

Turns out while I can connect and view my local, my clients and servers (shown within cccam.info) are all offline. I can confirm server listen port is open. What am I missing here please?

• Just to check if I have this correct, my fline and clines are still present in cccam.cfg. The only difference to my cccam.cfg is the new nline and fline connecting OSCAM to CCCam. Is this correct please?

• I'd double check that your port is open. Use something like Open Port Check Tool also if I read right in an earlier post your port is pretty common. So change it to something else. Also make sure to change over to the new port in your router port forward settings, where you push the traffic to your server.

• Hi dekelster. Thanks for your post, but as said port is 100% open for sure, as confirmed working on my old server (running right now). The port I mentioned earlier is not my actual port, simply used common one as example.

• Hi dekelster. Thanks for your post, but as said port is 100% open for sure, as confirmed working on my old server (running right now). The port I mentioned earlier is not my actual port, simply used common one as example.

okies, checked you dns?

• Yep that fine. Cccam.cfg is the same as in old server which is working, all be it with the added n and fline to connect oscam/cccam, so port, dns, fline, clines etc all working and correct. I can also confirm I am not running old and new server at same time, so no conflicts.

• I've fixed the problem! My server has always been set to static IP and has worked perfectly this way, but for some reason it now likes dhcp. I've now set it to dhcp, reserved servers address in router and now all is finally working! Thanks all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!