"Don't Oscam My Line"

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 541 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hi,
    I'm very new to this Ubuntu server stuff.
    I have recently, with extreme difficulty managed to exchange a line. :)
    The chap was very helpful and walked me through it, as it wasn't working as expected.

He asked me what setup I was running, and I said CCCAM/Oscam.
    He said "pls don't Oscam my line, or I'll have to remove yours"

What does that mean?
    I have given Clines out and would like to know if someone has Oscam'd my line?

Thank you guys
    Ash

• He means he don't want you to reshare his line without his permission.
    You can do that with oscam.

You can check if someone is stealing your line by exaggerated ecm usage.

He said "pls don't Oscam my line, or I'll have to remove yours"

What does that mean?
    I have given Clines out and would like to know if someone has Oscam'd my line?

When I was using cccam/oscam server & sharing with oscam only peers I used to get massively high usage from a lot of them. I am not sure if this was because of my setup or just bad peers taking advantage of some of the weakness's in cccam, but I also became very reluctant to share with oscam only users. I pretty sure getting "Oscam'd" is just a term that this peer is using for oscam users bypassing cccam reshare's etc.. That's not to say all oscam only users are that way inclined. I use oscam only setup but I play by the rules like all my current peers / clients.

The best way to see if someone is is taking advantage of you would be to simply monitor the usage..
    Over a few days/weeks you can average what a typical client with 2/3 box's might use. This will give you a guideline to gauge overall usage.

Sharing in my eyes has to be mutually beneficial. If you are using very little from a peer that is bombarding your card, Its probably not worth it.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• He means he don't want you to reshare his line without his permission.
    You can do that with oscam.

You can check if someone is stealing your line by exaggerated ecm usage.

Hi, Thanks for the response.

How do you find out ECM usage? Will CS Studio tell me? And what should normal figures be?

Thanks
    Ash

How do you find out ECM usage? Will CS Studio tell me?

In your cccam webif under clients, you will see ECM for each client

And what should normal figures be?

You will have you work out normal usage. You can do this by monitoring your own usage on one of your box's.

1 Client with 1 box using Sly UK for example would normally request between 450-500 ECM's per hour during peek time..
    There is an ECM request every 8 seconds & also every time a channel is zapped..

This does not mean that a client using more ECM's is taking advantage of you, you might for example have given that client reshare which would mean that you could have several users connecting through his cline.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!