dreambox 500s password change

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,545 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hi, i’m having a problem using dcc with my dm500 since i have changed the box’s password, i have changed the dm500 password using dcc but the application still has the default password (dreambox) so i can not use the telnet or ftp unless i change the password back to default, what am i doing wrong?

• Start DCC 2.96 and Press Telnet > type passwd and hit enter, ( enter the password here, it will remain invisible, then it will ask you to rewrite it, do so)..

When the password has been changed type reboot

Close DCC 2.96 then reopen ,once the DM500 has started up again, type in your password and press Reconnect..

Thanks for your help, I have done the above but I'm still facing the same problem, after reboot i'm not being asked to enter password??

• telnet> passwd then type new password and retype new password, after password change type reboot and restart DCC, I have done all that once the DCC start and the box rebooted all I get is incorrect login telnet not connected.

• Mate I know the password I can change it with telnet but once the password is changed DCC can not reed the new password, on the DCC application default login details will not change for some reason, so every time I need to use DCC I have to change the box's password to default, that can’t be right!!

• More than likely you are not giving a FULL restart to the stb...
    change password using the correct method then give a FULL REBOOT by telneting : reboot .
    Close DCC then open it again and it should have changed...

• I have followed the procedure step by step and fully reboot the box its just not changing the password on the DCC application, the password on the dm500s does change but not on the application.
    I have been using flashfxp for quiet a while because of the problem i’m having with DCC but it won’t work it keeps asking for activation, I can’t get hold of the free version.

• M8, I think you have already spent far too much time on this problem.. You said earlier that you can still ftp/ssh with default "dreambox" password..
    Just re-flash m8..

I have used all images available for the DM500 and I have come to the conclusion (IMO) that none compare to Commando 14.7... The only problem with Commando 14.7 is that you will have to manually install cccam/oscam.
    Whether you go for Commando or some other image, Raw or ready made backup, you would have everything up & running in the time it takes you to make another post on this password problem..

If it is at the stage where the old password is also not working, you will have to get a Null modem cable...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!