how to delete fileson hard drive?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 803 times. The last Post () by shakin1234.

• I have a dm800se clone sim 2.10 with pli image
    I have a hard drive with approx. 10 movies...
    When I try to delete the movie I have watched I am not able to do so... This was ok and deleteting a few day but all of a sudden get permission denied message.
    Some times no error message but file is still there. I have tried deleting by

1... pvr/ the movie I want to delete/ red button/yes/ some times it looks like its working other times message cannot move to trash , error 30
    2. my network
    3. dcc connect... by browing to movie /right click delte etc

attritues are set to 777

• I take it you have had this initialised on a different receiver. Could be a number of things - file format, could be mounting in read only, you might not have permissions to delete on that drive. I once had an issue like this where the group/owner was set differently to wha it needed to be for me to be able to do anything. My simple solution was to copy the contents to my PC, format and initialise the drive in Enigma2, then paste back the contents. This will work, unless there is a physical issue with your drive. There will be other ways to sort this out I would imagine with putty/console commands etc, but if you only have 10 movies then my suggestion won't take forever

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• The drive has always been in this reciver so was not initialised any where else. It was working fine until a few days ago...
    I have also tried to copy over to the pc but towards the end get no permissions type error

I have tried to change permissions via dcc connected but does not allow

I will watch the remaining films and than format hard drive /initialise/ and start again
    I hope when I come to format it allows me to do so.......

I take it you have had this initialised on a different receiver. Could be a number of things - file format, could be mounting in read only, you might not have permissions to delete on that drive. I once had an issue like this where the group/owner was set differently to wha it needed to be for me to be able to do anything. My simple solution was to copy the contents to my PC, format and initialise the drive in Enigma2, then paste back the contents. This will work, unless there is a physical issue with your drive. There will be other ways to sort this out I would imagine with putty/console commands etc, but if you only have 10 movies then my suggestion won't take forever

• Thanks for replying mate . tried both
    unmounting and than mounting seems to work but when you press check get hard drive error drive may be damaged
    But it plays movies that are already there..

After I have seen them I will try formatting

maybe it doesnt need re-initialising ,,just re-mounting.... ¿ worth a try??
    btw.... media/hdd attr 755 no need for 777
    just a thought..

• have you tried ftp'ing to your receiver via filezilla or another ftp program, once connected, navigate to location of hard drive mount e.g. /hdd/ then here you will see a few folders and should see movie and maybe you could try right clicking on the files and selecting delete?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!