nbox 5800sx hd problems

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,166 times. The last Post () by netguy.

• hi i currently have a nbox running hyperion my problem is when i'm watching a hd channel after about 5 minutes the picture goes all jittery its fine on standard definition it only happens on hd channels any idea what it could be thanks

• Probably ecm lag at a guess.

Where did you get your line from or do you have a card in the box?

• hi i currently have a nbox running hyperion my problem is when i'm watching a hd channel after about 5 minutes the picture goes all jittery its fine on standard definition it only happens on hd channels any idea what it could be thanks

It might be tuner problems.
    Take off the cover and see if the capacitors are all OK. Some may have a lump. Look at the picture.

• been using same line for about 2 years and my dads using same line in his dreambox and its fine on his so don't think its that do you have any other ideas nano thanks

Probably ecm lag at a guess.

Where did you get your line from or do you have a card in the box?

• Dish alignment is something that is worth looking at, the data stream for HD is a lot larger than SD so that may be a possibility.

With reference to the ecm lag, just remember if its $ky UK you are having issues with, more and more HD cards are going off so its going to get worse. This isn't an issue as of yet for SD cards. Is there anyway you can try it on another satellite like $ky Italia on 13e, just to rule out that problem.

If it still does it, it may be an idea to contact the person you purchased the box from. If they are not interested, open the box up and have a look. If you see any bulges its time to get the soldering iron out.

Just make sure if you do replace any capacitors to note the direction of current before you remove it and also to use only decent branded capacitors with the same values like Gates, National Semiconductor or Rubicon. Don't be tempted to use the no named ones from China.

Nano

• bought from ebay off comet24uk i'll try it on my dads dish later to rule out dish i really hope i don't have to open box up thanks nano

• do you think cardshare may be coming to a end nano as i was thinking of investing in a vu+ uno and don't want to shell out if its doomed lol

• It is with $ky, they are in the middle of hardware pairing their cards to the receiver. It will probably make it extremely difficult to share once this is done. You can only really blame the payservers and the ones that use them.

Comet24Uk, thats Eurotrans. There shouldn't be many issues with getting repaired if thats where you had it from. Be aware though if you break the seal on the side of the box you will probably have to pay for the repair as it will invalidate the warranty.

Nano

• hope its not the tuner capacitor the box is only 1 week old

You might have bought it a week ago but this receiver is refurbish and it was first sold in 2005 to satisfy the needs of the TV company "N".
    They were replaced by new ADB receivers because they had some capacitor problems either in the tuner or in the mainboard, as I am having at the moment. I really advise you to test it with another dish before making some kind of repair and if you're not good with a soldering iron ask someone else to do the job because it's a double face printed circuit.

• hope they find a workaround i share at the moment with a mate who only does it for friends and family.

It is with $ky, they are in the middle of hardware pairing their cards to the receiver. It will probably make it extremely difficult to share once this is done. You can only really blame the payservers and the ones that use them.

Comet24Uk, thats Eurotrans. There shouldn't be many issues with getting repaired if thats where you had it from. Be aware though if you break the seal on the side of the box you will probably have to pay for the repair as it will invalidate the warranty.

Nano

• I wouldn't hold your breath mate.

Total TV, Dolce and OTE use the same pairing method and those providers haven't been seen on CS for a long time. OTE has never been seen since day one.

Viasat also have he same issue as $ky where the HD channels are paired and cannot be shared.

Nano

• hi theaog like u having hd trouble about 80% hd channels judder jitter lag did u ever fix ur problem and what was it im going to look at the capacitors that been mentioned here see if it them my box cam pre installed and now 6 mth later hd channels giving trouble cheers

• hi theaog like u having hd trouble about 80% hd channels judder jitter lag did u ever fix ur problem and what was it im going to look at the capacitors that been mentioned here see if it them my box cam pre installed and now 6 mth later hd channels giving trouble cheers

firstly post an intro as per forum rules
    Introductions
    secondly - look at my latest post on this thread before you start messing with capacitors
    http://linuxsat-support.com/nb…lp-please.html#post125931

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Set the output on the box to 1080i 25Hz. That should sort the issue out. This only works if your TV is true HD though.

Nano

• hi nano my tv is full hd and wont switch to 1080p 25hz it will 1080p 24hz 1080p30hz but not 1080p 25hz its crazy half my hd channels jutter litter after 3 mins and when i go forward channel then back it ok for 3 min again im goin chanage the capactiors thats meationed her what u think cheers

• Try all the settings that your box can output on, the tV should sync to what ever the box is outputting. If it is still playing up then its time to get the soldering iron out.

Nano

• hi nano my tv is full hd and wont switch to 1080p 25hz it will 1080p 24hz 1080p30hz but not 1080p 25hz its crazy half my hd channels jutter litter after 3 mins and when i go forward channel then back it ok for 3 min again im goin chanage the capactiors thats meationed her what u think cheers

You switch the resolution in receiver A/V settings, and if your TV supports it it will work. It 25hz is a no go, try 24.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!