Question about swapping images

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,264 times. The last Post () by randomoldnonsense.

• Hi,

A quick question if I may. I've been using Ten Below's Blackhole 2.0.3 backup image for a little while on my Solo2 without a problem. I thought I'd give his VIX image a try because the interface looks a little bit cleaner so downloaded the backup image and flashed in the usual way. The image flashes successfully and reboots but then appears to hang when booting at the loading screen and the front LED panel on the box just shows "VU+ Solo2". I was wondering if anyone else had seen this or could provide a few pointers as to where I might be going wrong?

Thanks!

• hhmmmmmm

Try a fresh install of the Vix image then load Tens backups after and see if that helps!

Use files from here OpenVix Latest Builds

Use Reciever version and build version relevant to Tens backup, Flash that, then flash Tens Backup!

That should get you sorted!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• exactly what paulus mentions,, unless you have channel settings installed ,it won´t show you anything else..
    This is necessary when flashing with a clean image,,,
    in a backup iomage you will have dated settings which might have changed..

within the vix feeds you will probably find some channel settings to be able to load directly..
    or using dreamset or dreambox edit you can install whichever settings you like..

just for future reference:
    There is no need to flash with a clean image before flashing with a backup..
    Sometimes the transferal/installation of an image can sometimes become corrupt and not install fully or correctly.
    if this ever happens, simply try reflashing again ,,,

• Thanks for the feedback guys - it's really appreciated. Cazuela, I'm not entirely sure how to interpret your response with regards to where to go from here as I'm flashing using Ten's VIX backup which by all accounts should be OK. Should I be removing something from blackhole before proceeding or do you think mrgmx's idea of going to a fresh version of VIX and then reflashing the Ten's backup work?

• Thanks for the feedback guys - it's really appreciated. Cazuela, I'm not entirely sure how to interpret your response with regards to where to go from here as I'm flashing using Ten's VIX backup which by all accounts should be OK. Should I be removing something from blackhole before proceeding or do you think mrgmx's idea of going to a fresh version of VIX and then reflashing the Ten's backup work?

No matter which image you want to install.. always make sure you have a backup copy of all your own personal configs ,like oscam/CCcam ,etc.....
    No matter which backup image ,,the channel settings more than likely will be out of date,,so this always needs to be checked...
    How you find the date is by pressing blue(bouquets) and go to the end of the list ,you will see the date there at end of list..
    this is why I added the most recent settings for you to easy install..
    When you are confident enough you will see that it is possible to have several images in the stb at once either by using Meoboot or UNIVERSES in BH root flash..

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!