Smargo issues

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 639 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• any errors showing up? Card connected? reader recoignised?

think the light goes out then should flash with activity when accessed/being used lol Mine Does!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Thanks for the reply , im getting nothing at all set up cccam and nothing showing also it installs on my pc ok drivers are found etc nothing on it to try read the card but light goes off there also if you say thats normal and it only flashes with activity i have another issue then i can only get it direct into the boxes usb ports on 2 of them but tried 3 with and extention lead a few days ago it was omnikeys i couldnt get to work both the jsc and redlight card work in the top slot above the sly card so it isnt the new card ,starting to pull my hair out how hard can it be to setup ,one other thing is this card reader has maxdigital on the side f it so doesnt appear to be a genuine one one like the add says and ive bought 2 and tried both , but id expect it still to read , dont know if this will be why ,grrrrrrr:beat_brick:

• Have you installed the serial to usb driver? It won't work with out it. Some images have it pre-installed others don't. If its not installed its usually in the plugins download.

Also remember if your using it in CCCam and its the only reader it has to be assigned usb0 not usb1, config below is for white UK card.

Code
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/ttyUSB0 357000 # 0963 card
    TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/ttyUSB0

Nano

• SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/ttyUSB0 6000000

this is what i had in nano showing reader but saying no card for jsc ill add

TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/ttyUSB0 and see thanks for the help

• still getting no or unknown card inserted , ? im at a loss seems im not ment to share cards lol

Stupid question, but sometimes mistakes happen.......

Have you tried the card the other way up.
    I spent two days trying to get an omnikey working with the card in the wrong way !

• Ok got this sorted had to go into vix plugins and remove the usb serial drivers , reboot and reinstall them with the smargo plugged into the usb port and came up instantly after the softcam check , seems daft but it fixed it , thanks for all the input , this thread can be closed :firework:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!