F5 only works on local network???

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 735 times. The last Post () by mahrkpat.

• Hey guys, I have a strange problem. I was using a ***box F5 in the bedroom but planning on upgrading in a couple of weeks. Any how my folks have got an openbox S10, so I took round the F5 to upgrade them

Here's the odd thing. The box will not connect via my DNS. But works fine within my local network even when I have set CCcam to connect via DNS (rather than 192.xxx.xxx)

Anyone ever had this problem? Does anybody know the fix?

Anyone ever had this problem? Does anybody know the fix?

Maybe the DNS settings in the F5's Networking are still set to your BB Providers DNS. Are your parents with same BB Providers?

I always just use google's DNS whan setting up box's

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Not sure how to adjust on the f5 as I just use dchp

With DHCP enabled, you should not have to manually enter the the DNS info, but I do remember a similar problem with my openbox S9 when I also moved it to my parents house.
    For some reason It would not connect externally.. I got around this by disabling DHCP & setting up box network manually.
    After that & reboot everything worked perfect..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• With DHCP enabled, you should not have to manually enter the the DNS info manually, but I do remember a similar problem with my openbox S9 when I also moved it to my parents house.
    For some reason It would not connect externally.. I got around this by disabling DHCP & setting up box network manually.
    After that & reboot everything worked perfect..

Setting up dchp manually didn't even cross my Mind lol. Will pop round before work in the morning and give it a go. Thanks for the tip

• How did you get on?
    I recall the first time I used oscam I came a cropper with the same issue, turned out I had something like httpallowed = 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.254 in the [newcamd] section of oscam.conf
    After removing the local http line & a reboot all was fine.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!