VU+ Solo2 "Starting"

There are 50 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,301 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• Thought I had it all sussed but found that scanning 13.0E it went to position PO1?? that is 19.2. Ah tuner config wrong, (only single lnb) OH! no got to start all over again. What is the best config for 2 inputs and a single output lnb? Help please.

a

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• with your positioner i assume you can just position with that only , so if thats the case for now setup tuner a same diseqc abcd to 4 sats you want to use and tuner b diseqc abcd another 4 sats you want to use assuming yo have a twin lnb send diseqc no on both so now you box should think it is able to access 8 satellites and position with the v box to the satellite wont this work for now , just an idea i have no experience with a vbox but the solo 2 needs to think it can do it to not grey out the channels , if you can position with the vbox alone this should work for 8 sats anyway , someone else might have a better plan but :confuse:

• Nope. Did several factory resets to wipe out saved positions on Vbox but to no avail. I am going to try Vix again, my other 2 usb sticks were giveaways from reps several years ago. I have found my old trusty stick I used for flashing updates on the old tm and D***** C**. I know, I think, the setup of the tuners is the software in the vu, but I have got to get somewhere soon :-(((

a

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• :caz2: Hooray, I have finally tuned in and scanned 3 sats. The mistake I was making was Automatic scan, did manual scans of the 3 satellites and they are all in the box. Now to just favourites. Tried to make a favourites list for 28.2 but only see channel 4. I'll get ther, (I hope before this weekend, I was about to bin the whole idea and just stick to terrestial, but I do not givr up that easily.

May I say once again a Great Big Thank You to all the forum members that have tried to steer me in the right direction. THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

A

• Well I thought I was getting somewhere, found a local firm that checks your dish setup and the reason I cannot pick anything above 19.2, is the concrete slab, 4ftx4ft and about 2ft thick has sunk slightly to the NE. Also the adjustment can't be made to the gound stand because one of the fixings has sheared and the adjustments to the 3 legs are right up the stops. Looks like the guy I employed, about 14 yrs ago was not that much of an expert! Had to order a new ground stand and Polar mount. The sat guy that came today his company can fully install and setup for £240+vat. At least I will have someone to blame if things go wrong, (sat dish end) anyway. Ireally, really thought I was on the home stretch :cry_002: but by D*** I'll get there???

a

• catseye was suggested earlier to me, a bit unsure how to upload? flash or how, appreciate guidence please. I will also have another look around the forum for help as well. Many thanks stevejo.
    I was a bit P***** of earlier finding that the original install of said equipment looks like bodge job. If you have an adjustable fixing, ie; slot and clamp fixing screw always try to fix in the middle of the slot. New bits should be here tomorrow or Thusday, got given a good discount as well. Dealt with company for years.

a

• Many thanks for the links,

All Ihave to do now is work out how to do it? This is a steep learning curve but I intend to get there with the forums help. I must admit this is one superb freindly and very helpful forum. I am still waiting for a replly from another couple. I think I will stay with BEST, Linux Support.com.... Hope by this weekend should have the dish aligned and "Fixed down properly" and the vu setup.
    :trbtjrjq:

Thanks again,

a

• mckee25, i have managed to set the box up with 42W-30, odd?? E sats thank you. Keep trying to setup ftp says i need a dydns login and password. Went to the dydns site, no longer there??? I have managed to setup a browser plugin, hope i have the right one, it was all in German and several warnings came onto tv screen about site certification. My pc antivirus warns me and grabs the site that might have virus encoded software. Can you or anybody steer me in the right direction re: ftp and browser.

Many thanks in advance,

a

• Thank you master G for the quick response. That is what dydns is for? :baffle: yes was a bit baffled. Learning as I go along.

What a GREAT forum. The more I get into this the better I feel, thanks again. Another member has been very helpfull, stevejo, I think his handle is, sorry if I got that wrong. In fact you are all helpfull.

Very much appreciated and I can't wait for the new dish stand and polar mount to come, then I should get up and running. I hope,

a

• Help again please with ftp settings onvu+ solo2? I have put in IP address, Username, but the right password I cannot find anywhere. Tried ROOT, ROOT PASSWORD, root, rootpassword, PASSWORD, password. None connect. Does anyone know the password. Running latest Vix Image.

Thanks in advance

• Thanyou mckee25, Got as far as port for the box then restarting connection. I know it is staring me in the face. will try again, and keep you posted

• also master G all i am trying to is ftp down to the box from my pc. i cannot setup tuners yet untill new ground stand and polar mount arrive, (apperently the place i am getting the parts) are out of stock of new jack motors. trying to ftp sats.xml.

Many ahanks for yor quick replies genlemen.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!