VU+ Solo2 "Starting"

There are 50 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,291 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• master :mrg: you are a star*, < btw that is a star. that software works better. had a bit of a job with logins and passwords but got there in the end. :trbtjrjq: i am glad i am up here on the pc, the misses is doing/checking the bank statement and keeps on coming up £9 out. thank you very, very much.. pc, vu+ and router all connected together. i thought at first, " i can't understand a lot German???" but found the drop down. one other question, if i may. will i have to setup DCC everytime i want to use it. i think i had better check tools, settings etc.

Much appreciated,

a

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• In brief : NO..once you have setup DCC correctly first time and saved it,,
    there´s no need to set up again...
    if you have several servers to communicate with,,
    simply just make a profile of each or anote the different passwords, IPs ,etc...

• many thanks cazuela, but unfortuinately just as i'd posted my glee. BANG! a power outage. we have overheads in the village where i live and we forever getting power drops and surges, one reason i bought power connecters for all the delicate bits. i have now lost my setting for the box to the router, i know i should have written them down. must get a lap top saves going all the way downstairs and celebrating with a mug of coffee. i hope i'll get ther again???????????????

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• i have tried every combination, inow get, "boot manager"; not found and "telnet disconnected", "telnet login incorrect"
    blank=X boot=X password=X vuplus=X vuplussolo2=X vu+solo2=X solo2=X none of them work. i still have ftp from pc to box to router but lose telnet. somebody please point me in the right direction. DCC sees the vu+ as vusolo2.lan and the router as dsdldevice.lan the router is a plusnet supplied thomson, but i can connect/download between 11 and 16Mb/s on a land line.

Anybodys thought/help appreciated.

• i have tried every combination, inow get, "boot manager"; not found and "telnet disconnected", "telnet login incorrect"
    blank=X boot=X password=X vuplus=X vuplussolo2=X vu+solo2=X solo2=X none of them work. i still have ftp from pc to box to router but lose telnet. somebody please point me in the right direction. DCC sees the vu+ as vusolo2.lan and the router as dsdldevice.lan the router is a plusnet supplied thomson, but i can connect/download between 11 and 16Mb/s on a land line.

Anybodys thought/help appreciated.

Its OK I've sussed it. beer10 the logon and password are completely different to pc and box,. I feel a lot better now. if only I can save the settings

• Many thanks again master G for that link to DCC. Made a shortcut on desktop and everytime I open it there are , my pc, vu and router all connected, Telnet and FTP. What a very helpfull forum this. btw; still waiting for replies from another couple of forums, :lolceltic: this is what I feel they are doing? Now I just wait for the new parts and then I will be up and running, :thumbsup: I hope. Then I'll be most probably be asking loads of questions, which I know with this forums knowledge, somebody will point me in the right direction.

My regards to everyone,

a

• VU+ Solo2 is all up and running. Had a lot of help, (very new to this Linux) but the more I get into it the more I like it. Many thanks to stevejo for all his help and to the rest of the forum (posts, corrections and advice). I think I have now found a new hobby. Very much appreciated to you all. I know there is a lot to learn, but my advice to anyone that ventures into Linux World, to become a member of this Forum. :linuxsat5: stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Well done on creating a friendly and informative website. :caz:

• I have backed up as told to. Feel a lot better now I watched live GP,. Didn't Cal Crutchlow do well? nearly second place, and well deserved. May I re-take this opportunity to thank everyone again for their help and guidance, especially stevejo.

Many thanks

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!