VU+ Solo2 "Starting"

There are 50 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,270 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• Hello guys.
    Got my new box, followed the easy setup book, all the vu does is says "Starting" and then reverts back to "VU+ Solo2" and stays there.

Any help please :cry_002: Is there a factory reset I can do???
    a

btw I tried to install an image, Vix, but when it asked for power button to be pressed, it just went back to "VU+ Solo2" I will try another flash and see what happens.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• Hello buddy, was your solo2 being sent with a image already installed?? there should have at least been the original vu image on it.

One thing to note that when your are flashing a image onto the solo2 via the front usb socket you need to press the power button on the front of it when prompted for the re-flash process to start.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Just the factory image, I think, did not get thet far. As above I will re-try the flash again and watch very carefully.

Many thanks mckee25 I must have missed that.

a

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• I am Stupid, :thumbsup: misread your post. I was pressing the handset power button, and did not have the tv on :ops: I am at scree, language selection.

Hope it goes ok from here,

a

• Got as far as tuners, and motorised, but how do I insert me longitude and latitude?? Do I have to have a keyboard on the tv screen??????? I will try that after checking the forum for clues.

a

also tried another stick

• I tried that 0-9 but none of those work. I wonder if the batteries are old? it takes a while to register a button press, mmmm I have some new ones and will try again. Thanks mckee25.

The story so far vu says I have no lnb?? just fitted a brand new Inverto pro black. Should have stuck with old Invacom I think, unless rats have chewed through thr cabls near the house, if we had any. The thing is the vbox works when I enter a different position number from the vu. Abit baffled at the moment and will re-install the old lnb.

a

It was a duff usb stick.

• The story so far vu says I have no lnb?? just fitted a brand new Inverto pro black. Should have stuck with old Invacom I think, unless rats have chewed through thr cabls near the house, if we had any. The thing is the vbox works when I enter a different position number from the vu. Abit baffled at the moment and will re-install the old lnb.

a

• Thank you stevejo, I thought that was teletext. Will, when I put in my position the vu will see the lnb. I will try that now, misses is nagging for me to eat.

a

• Put the old lnb on but still showing no lnb. Could I have a tuner fault? or would that throw up "unable to configure tuner"?
    Thanks stevejo for help on the handset.

a

• Old tm-6900 psu dead, that is why I bought a new vu, liked the review and wanted to get into linux. Well got as far as 28.2, all channels loaded, 19.2, all channels loaded then got 1/4 way through hotbird and the box said, can't remember the exact wording, but on the lines of, sorry there is a fault please send a log to whoever. I will have to increase the time for message to appear on screen. Is the latest VIX stable or is there a better image?? Carried out another factory reset and re-installed vix 3.0.678

a

• Many thanks for the file. I have been at it all day, :beated: Just could not get vix stable or I was definitely doing something wrong, latter of the 2. Anyway, read a post from a forum member asking which update to use, (Blackhole) from the VU+ forum. had a look and thought I would try vplus_image_****************, ( dont know if I can/allowed to put links or files on the forum, new member. Loaded image and followed, mostly master G post "How to setup Vu+ with Vbox II DisEqc 1.2 Positioner, mine is a I. Many thanks master G was very helpfull. Setup tuners and 28.2, 13.0 and 1W. Got nagged a bit by the wife but she can't wait to see what this box can and will do, if I can get to grips with C**** and so on. All I can say is many thanks to all that have had an input to my strange problems. btw lnb's are ok, re-fitted the new Inverto and had my meter on it and was getting around 90-99% signal strength. I have binned those 2 free usb sticks and found my good one. This might have been some of the problem flashing Vix. Another couple of satellites to bring in and I will be a happy bunny. I was shocked when the box arrived with a new lnb and C120 and clamp, ain't it small and all that superb technology inside it??

Thank you all again, and I daresay you will be hearing from again, if thats ok,

a

beer10

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!