TSpanel overwrites important image system files during it's install process

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,484 times. The last Post () by mfaraj57.

• many said about that but no body gives evidence so i ignore the issue
    in openpli forum also attack the plugin and claimed about destruction of mount points and loss of recorded material but also no evidences about that
    any one play with any device manager including TSpanel-device manager without experience can loose his recorded material or at least can not manage to restore them
    thanks master G for opening the subject

Do Not Send PM For Support
    Ask Your Question On The Forum

• i have also been informed that it can mess up your mount points. but i have had 7.1 running lovely on vu duo, vu solo & unibox hd1 plus - maybe i have been lucky?

the duo and solo have been on constantly and the mrs has not complained so thats always a good test for me lol

• I can honestly say that I have had TS Panel on both Vix & Blackhole image's on a solo/solo2/ultimo & duo without any probs whatsoever.

Maybe I was lucky as well. :snicker:

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I am surprised that pheonix has not replied to this thread. He is usually very quick in trying to put people right, so maybe there is no real problem with tspanel after all...

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• The reason i have not replied is because i have no need or want to start another forum spat over the TSpanel. TSpanel is known to cause problems with all pli and oe-alliance based images, this forum is highly biased towards the TSpanel so any proof i post will just be dismissed so why should i bother ?. not to mention that several staff ( admins ) seem to have a problem with me and would just use this thread as another excuse to have a pop or ban me again.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

"TSpanel is known to cause problems with all pli and oe-alliance based images"

- is a statement that needs evidence. It is like saying "musogeek is known to wear women's clothes" without the photos of me wearing a dress and such:laugh:

Anyway, I don't use tspanel, I prefer to install plugins manually and from the feeds, and am rather fond of the LinuxsatSupportAddons at the moment. So that throws any suggestion of bias from me towards tspanel out of the window.

Saying that, I have trusted your suggestion in the past that this does mess things up, and took your word for it, so now it is probably about time for some substance behind the claim.

By the way - I don't wear women's clothes:shocked:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• - is a statement that needs evidence. It is like saying "musogeek is known to wear women's clothes" without the photos of me wearing a dress and such :laugh:

Sorry, i couldn't resist it :10lol:

For those of you who haven't seen much British TV, its off an advertisement for an online betting company. Its not Muso, at least i don't think it is :snicker:

[youtube]9C8gW9P4R_w[/youtube]

5c4c6c3ddb3e6.jpg

• i have it on openspa at the moment . there does not seem to any problems except on i channel which was working fine yesterday but today it is not i dont know if it is related to this topic or a seperate issue but its tspanel working ok. p/s the image would not let me load tspanel so im using someones backup cheers

• Official Post

It seems to me you made up your own conclusion this was a personal attack to divert away from the fact you have no solid evidence TSpanel causes issues, if you had you would have posted it..

Personally i am not interested in forum spats with anyone, this thread was made for finding a solution to the issues that you keep repeating here and on other forums.

You take offence when members from other forums come here and slag off the work vix team do, so why do you think its acceptable to come here and slag off someone elses work and provide no evidence to back up your claim ?

If you prefer not to help thats your own agenda, but I thought the OE Alliance worked together for the betterment of the satellite scene..

• I wrote the TSpanel line by line and no code statement to write any system file even the plugin has no dependency.
    Thousands are using TSpanel and when bug or error mentioned i review the code and fix the bug
    Now the complaints came in openpli forum about lost recorded movies after installing the TSpanel and rebooting the image.
    The complaints are true but due to inexperience management of the devices from TSpanel device manager.
    TSpanel device manager include two choices for mounting one is temporary(called fast) and this mount point disappeared after rebooting the image and the default mount point for usb devices returned(/media/usb) so when the user search for his movies in /media/hdd will not find anything however they are still available through /media/usb
    i am sorry that openpli team listened for the few inexperienced users without investigating the claims and removed the TSpanel from the feeds
    Also i am using the openli 2.1 and 3.0 for programming TSpanel so should be compatible perfectly with openpli based images

Do Not Send PM For Support
    Ask Your Question On The Forum

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!