Commando 14.7 with May Update no channels are working

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,198 times. The last Post () by master G.

• hi hoping someone can help.

I have the dm500 with the above image and its been working fantastically until a few days ago where I have had an issue but not sure what to do.

the box boots up the screenshot comes on with the halo soldiers on and then that's it. I am able to access the menu and favs etc but when I actually go on to a channel it says error no channel found. for some reason there is no frequency details against any channel. I tried running a scan and it was going through transponders but was not picking any channel up. I thought an online update may be required but no update available.

any ideas?

• Same here, I found a couple of DM500s in a box, so was going to have a play with them, Got the image over NP, but as above no listing and even when I have set to a single TP for scanning, nothing its been going for 30 mins at least now and getting bored of it lol

Also I noticed after I rebooted the default settings turned off the networking, so had to go in and save them again

• Official Post

Same here, I found a couple of DM500s in a box, so was going to have a play with them, Got the image over NP, but as above no listing and even when I have set to a single TP for scanning, nothing its been going for 30 mins at least now and getting bored of it lol

Also I noticed after I rebooted the default settings turned off the networking, so had to go in and save them again

There have been some big changes to the image including a smashing new gui, you both need to update guys look here.
    [h=1]Commando 14.7 DM500[/h]

• Hi Ten

That is the image I DL and tried, I have joined UKCVS also and am in a PM with PaphosAL. Once I have worked through things I will post the solution here, I have a feeling it is down to the network issues myself as I am unable to connect to the UKCVS server for update. I have used the Auto and manual settings.

• I have come across an issue before when switching from incorrect network settings to DHCP settings where the DM500 could not connect..
    I noticed the issue when I moved the box from my house to my mothers where gateways were 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.0.1.
    To get around this I had to manually enter the correct settings, reboot and then set it back to DHCP after the restart..

failing that I would consider a fresh re-flash of the commando image from the link that Ten Provided
    http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…-commando-14-7-dm500.html

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Hi Guys and Gals

I will try the DCHP before I try what PaphosAL has advised me to try, Just on the odd chance it works, however this was the option given to me by Al, as you can see he was 1 of the 4 guys that wrote Commando 14.7

OK, Stu- I think you need to start from scratch and reflash using DreamUP with a null-modem rs232 x-over cable from a pc or lappie that has a genuine 9 pin serial port.

USB to rs232 adaptors are nbg for this job.

"Removed next part of the reply as comment are not relevant to other people".

But once you have C14.7 safely on these boxes, the future gets dead easy. For you can then Backup image / Reflash image via the Services menu (unlike in Enigma).

Cheers- AL

I will try the DCHP before I try what PaphosAL has advised me to try, Just on the odd chance it works, however this was the option given to me by Al, as you can see he was 1 of the 4 guys that wrote Commando 14.7

Al also recommends a re-flash and nobody knows more about commando than him so I would probably just go right ahead with that...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Messing with the DCHP did not work, Currently reflashing the box

To make life simple, what you will need is
    a Null Modem Cable
    DreamUP (software) just google it if you do not have it already
    Commando 14-7 or newer, available on this site also as a sticky

and about 20 minutes, if you do not know how to use DreamUP, type it in at youtube.

As there seems to be no other way to solve this problem other than a reflash, I am happy for this to be closed if Mods wish or leave open at your choice.

With a Big Thanks to AL aka PaphosAL for taking the time to help me out with this problem

• Flash worked, currently running the autoscans, just press the button and let the box do the rest for you, says it take around 10 mins, so just enough time to pop the kettle on and come back to a box already done.

• Yeah its am amazing image, full credit to the Commando Team squeezing that much out of a DM500.... I cant wait to see the new User Interface..

• I have come across an issue before when switching from incorrect network settings to DHCP settings where the DM500 could not connect..
    I noticed the issue when I moved the box from my house to my mothers where gateways were 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.0.1.
    To get around this I had to manually enter the correct settings, reboot and then set it back to DHCP after the restart..

failing that I would consider a fresh re-flash of the commando image from the link that Ten Provided

Snap!!! i came across this issue also on an old dbox2C a couple of years ago with a commando image.... it was only when i had a proper look in network that i noticed dhcp was not inputting my gateway for some reason and i had to do it manually..

Glad the reflash worked tho.

MK

Ps is mgcamd working on this commando image for the dm500 guys as i might recall a couple of my mates dm500s boxes that currently have pli jade on them...ta

Snap!!! i came across this issue also on an old dbox2C a couple of years ago with a commando image.... it was only when i had a proper look in network that i noticed dhcp was not inputting my gateway for some reason and i had to do it manually..

Yeah, I remember only too well scratching my head over that one..

Ps is mgcamd working on this commando image for the dm500 guys as i might recall a couple of my mates dm500s boxes that currently have pli jade on them...ta

Yep, I have seen commando backup image by annie12 with mgcamd1.36
    http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…ireland-mgcamd1-36-a.html

• Official Post

Flash worked, currently running the autoscans, just press the button and let the box do the rest for you, says it take around 10 mins, so just enough time to pop the kettle on and come back to a box already done.

Great news buddy & sorry i never got back to you been out. Reading back on this take anything PaphosAL says as fact because he plays a huge part in this image & to anyone else using it my advice is join UKCVS
    These guys put an unreal amount of work into making the image for virtually zero credit, give them the feedback & appreciation it deserves please lads.
    beer10

• I have already joined and donated there also

I will speak with AL and ask him to start a thread and link it back into here. Just in case somebody over there comes across the same kind or problems. I do think it should be ran past AL for him to start the thread as is going from 1 site to another.

• Official Post

I have already joined and donated there also

I will speak with AL and ask him to start a thread and link it back into here. Just in case somebody over there comes across the same kind or problems. I do think it should be ran past AL for him to start the thread as is going from 1 site to another.

No need for any new link backs from their side buddy, the main topics here are very different & would break the rules over there. For the image to keep improving i think the best everyone using the image can do is join & give feedback, no idea how far they can take the DM500 image but every release keeps pushing the boat that bit further & tbh if any E2 image team could match it for UK users they would be laughing, just support them on their own site lads, its all they want.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!