is it possible to install and run CSP on same server as ubuntu 10.04 LTS oscam/cccam

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,801 times. The last Post () by shakin1234.

• apologies if this has been answered before i did see another post but not my version of ubuntu.

could i follow the install instructions that are on this site, on my ubuntu 10.04 lts server? my server is already running oscam and cccam with tring and jsc connected to omnikeys.

ultimately i dont want to follow the instructions and balls up my server lol

i have read master g explanation of what CSP does and think it may help. he is the master

• Official Post

Yes its possible, i would recommend following this one as all links are up to date & working. It will not affect your server at all buddy.
    Tutorial: Install CSP & Java7 on Ubuntu Server 12.xx (x32/x64)

• after a few tea's this morning i have thought of some more questions (sorry)

now i have done some drawings and i think this is how it is suppose to work..........

lets say i have port 12000 forwarding to my ubuntu server, this is the port that cccam uses for incoming connections then that sends request to oscam that is reading the cards....i think i have got this part lol
    now if i introduced csp - would i be correct in thinking that port 12000 will be for csp, then csp connects to cccam which then passes to oscam?

sorry if i am being really thick here, i just want to be sure i dont balls things up lol - and if i get it up and running i can then work out which ports i would need to change when forwarding etc

cheers

• Official Post

At the moment oscam reads your card & that wont change, i think what you are wanting to do is use csp as a proxy between oscam & CCcam rather than replace CCcam?
    If so you would enter the nline connecting oscam & CCcam into csp then create another in csp for CCcam to connect to, this way no additional ports need to be opened but if you are looking to replace CCcam with csp then yes you will need to open additional ports for each user to connect.

• At the moment oscam reads your card & that wont change, i think what you are wanting to do is use csp as a proxy between oscam & CCcam rather than replace CCcam?
    If so you would enter the nline connecting oscam & CCcam into csp then create another in csp for CCcam to connect to, this way no additional ports need to be opened .

yes i am wanting to do the above, e.g. csp as the proxy in between oscam and cccam. so i think this is where i am stuck but here goes...... on exiting cccam on server i will need to add another nline for csp, but im lost as to do i need to create another in csp for cccam to connect to?

sorry if im not getting it.. cheers so far though

• Official Post

yes i am wanting to do the above, e.g. csp as the proxy in between oscam and cccam. so i think this is where i am stuck but here goes...... on exiting cccam on server i will need to add another nline for csp, but im lost as to do i need to create another in csp for cccam to connect to?

sorry if im not getting it.. cheers so far though

Yes the nline you have in CCcam goes instead into csp as newcamd connecter, you will then setup another nline in csp for CCcam to connect to, have a read on from post #3 here & it should be a bit clearer.
    [h=1]Tutorial: How to install CSP[/h]

• so i think i might have figured it out in my head lol - on my server in CCcam i have a N line which is 127.0.0.1 that connects to oscam, am i right in thinking this now needs to be taken out, and then added into CSP config. then i need to create a N line from CCcam to allow connection into CSP

maybe i have sussed, it is starting to hurt my head lol

• Sorry to jump right in here but I don't see any benefit in using oscam > csp > cccam > client box

oscam is a proxy too, so imo you read card with oscam and give an N or C line to client box

or

oscam to read card > csp > client box

The latter is my preferred option

• After a long day and night I have got csp connecting to oscam and reading my jsc card woohoo. I tried to add another profile but it kept giving me errors and logging me out. Now my question is do I have stop connections coming into csp and then add another profile etc?

Cheers

• No, any and all changes are made on the fly, if you add another profile it will only save if it is in the correct syntax
    Don't forget to save your current config before making any changes

• thanks sync.

i wanted to add this profile from another post in this section.

here is the profile i entered

<profile name="tringtv" ca-id="0baa" network-id="0008" provider-idents="00 00 00" enabled="true" debug="true">
    <newcamd listen-port="1122"/>
    <services-file format="cccam" filter="000000">etc/CCcam.channelinfo</services-file>
    </profile>

and when i save changes here is the error message

HTTP Connection error: 500

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.bowman.cardserv.cws.AbstractCwsConnector.reset(AbstractCwsConnector.java:487)
    at com.bowman.cardserv.cws.AbstractCwsConnector.close(AbstractCwsConnector.java:715)
    at com.bowman.cardserv.cws.NewcamdCwsConnector.close(NewcamdCwsConnector.java:482)
    at com.bowman.cardserv.cws.CwsConnectorManager.removeConnector(CwsConnectorManager.java:372)
    at com.bowman.cardserv.cws.CwsConnectorManager.updateConnectors(CwsConnectorManager.java:250)
    at com.bowman.cardserv.cws.CwsConnectorManager.configUpdated(CwsConnectorManager.java:91)
    at com.bowman.cardserv.ProxyConfig.updateModules(ProxyConfig.java:679)
    at com.bowman.cardserv.ProxyConfig.parseConfig(ProxyConfig.java:433)
    at com.bowman.cardserv.web.WebBackend.doPost(WebBackend.java:362)
    at com.bowman.httpd.PseudoHttpd.handleHttpRequest(PseudoHttpd.java:170)
    at com.bowman.httpd.PseudoHttpd.access$000(PseudoHttpd.java:19)
    at com.bowman.httpd.PseudoHttpd$HttpConnection.run(PseudoHttpd.java:352)

• That is a common java problem, open your .xml and save it without making any changes, does it save ?
    Next try to add the Tring profile but set it to false before you save.

I would recommend re-installing java to sort your problem.

• thanks sync - i put tring on hold and got **Y uk up and running. now i as its my first setup i have no idea what i should be looking at to see that its working.

in the status panel i click on cache-handler and see the below

cached-ecms = 75
    instant-hits = 45

it has been running for about an 2hours, am i correct in assuming the 45 of those 75 ecms were from my cached folder and then the rest asking oscam?

i have coming in cccam then nines to csp which nlines to oscam

hopefully i am getting somewhere after a very long few days lol thanks again to everyone :D

• See just above that where you will find more important info, well at least I think so anyway ;)

ECM forwards: <<< this is forwards to your oscam/card
    ECM cache hits: <<< this is the amount of cache hits you are getting

• Thanks sync, so I think something is not setup how it should be, or I'm not thinking it's exactly what I thought it was lol

I have got 99.6% ECM forwards, so I don't think it should be like that, should it? Not if I could see in cccam a few users were watching the same channel for last few hours......

Think I might need to get my hammer lol

• Official Post

I have got 99.6% ECM forwards, so I don't think it should be like that, should it? Not if I could see in cccam a few users were watching the same channel for last few hours......

You are still sharing via CCcam judging by what you have posted so you are only seeing in csp what is requested by all your CCcam peers as one user in csp. If you like what you have seen so far & want to learn more then you will need to change your setup slightly to experience csp working both ways even with only a handful of peers.

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!