vix image finding saorview channels.

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,410 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Just to let people know, I have the gigablue quad with the latest vix image installed and it is finding the saorview channels. i had a dvb-t tuner installed in it when i purchased it.

Did a scan last night and found them. Watching them perfectly.
    Hoe this helps somebody

• If i want to upload a backup, would I be correct in saying if i just edit the Ccam.cfg file that it would be then it would be ok to upload it. i am using Ccam with an Nline.

You are probably best doing a complete backup image for the way you have things now just for yourself, then reflash from scratch and install the plugins, etc you want for the purpose of the backup you want to post here. Once you have saved the backup image, you can then revert back to your original backup.

Doing it this way will ensure that the backup image is as clean as possible.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Just want to upload it here the way it is, because it might help somebody out. Just taught if I edited Ccam config and then did a backup it would be ok, containing no sensitive information.
    Its a fixed setup for 28.2. Ireland

• No if its an image setup from scratch before any sensitive image has been input.

Nnao

• Just to let people know, I have the gigablue quad with the latest vix image installed and it is finding the saorview channels. i had a dvb-t tuner installed in it when i purchased it.

Did a scan last night and found them. Watching them perfectly.
    Hoe this helps somebody

Finding Saorview channels from 28.2 Astra?
    How can this be?

• its easy to find them its actually playing them thats difficult apart from *** saorview uses a complete different encoding system hence here in ireland we had to buy either a new telly or a saorview compatable box

• I'm from Ireland...

Saorview is a digital terrestrial signal - not satellite...

There is an exception: there is a satellite broadcast for rural areas that can't receive through normal digital aerial but it's not broadcast from 28.2 Astra satellite...

So what frequency can you get them from 28.2??

• thats called saorsat .an 80cm Satellite Dish and a special type of LNB also (KA Band LNB). You will also need a DVB-S2 HD Satellite Receiver or Saorsat Compatible TV. In the very North of Donegal and the South West of Ireland, it is recommended that you use a 110cm satellite dish p/s i forgot to mention its at 9 east the satellite and it is a very tight band covering ireland you may get it futher afield if you have a bigger dish

• i can receive saorview here in dublin with the old rabbit ears but my telly has to be dvb s2 compatable it will not work on dvb-t here for me . it used to when they where testing it i could get it fine .but in their wisdom they decided the powers that be to go with the scandinavion system so here you have to have either a dvb s2 compatable telly or a dvb s2 compatable box and thats a fact

• i can receive saorview here in dublin with the old rabbit ears but my telly has to be dvb s2 compatable it will not work on dvb-t here for me . it used to when they where testing it i could get it fine .but in their wisdom they decided the powers that be to go with the scandinavion system so here you have to have either a dvb s2 compatable telly or a dvb s2 compatable box and thats a fact

The gigablue is a dvb-s2 compatible receiver, and thats a fact.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• thats a fact a stonewall fact . phoenix i was just trying to help . to state that it is simply to enter the saorview frequency at 28 east you will receive saorview is not a fact .saorview is terrestial saorsat is satellite based. saorview is the irish for freeview and saorsat is the irish for freesat. mhait an fearr go raibh mile mhait agum

• suites,
    I think you should be able to receive saorview , thats if you have in the past. (even in the testing stage)
    Your telly tuner needs to be dvb-t with mpeg4 /h.264 encoding for saorview reception.
    A lot of early tv's with digital terrestrial tuners that were sold in Eire had the dvb-t with mpeg2 encoding tuners installed (the powers that be hadn't decided on what standard / didn't make it public knowledge which system they were going to use) which means audio with no picture(thats what i experienced)
    Dvb-s/s2 refers to satellite broadcasts and you are right in pointing out that you need a dvb-s2 compliant satellite receiver/tv but only if you are looking to receive saorsat from eutelsat ka sat at 9deg east.(you will also need a ka type lnb)

• thanks coder for your reply as i have stated i can get saorview with the rabbit ears no problem and crystall clear i just have them plugged in to the telly which is compliant with dvbs2 . i also have a vu solo 2 and a gigablue but if i want to watch any of the 8 saorview channels i just switch the source on the tv. i was just trying to answer bacon and cabbage post and as you can gather he is getting saorview from his aerial going through the dvbs on his gigablue . thanks again coder

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!