help vu duo red light

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,831 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi guys think i have a big problem my duo went off just now when watching the news powerd off and on again now got just a red light in the corner it an original tried flashing with usb but nothing at all can hear somthing start up the a small beep but nothing

• probs need a capacitor changing m8,,thats the general problem associated with red light....there 49P from Maplins : code: VH41U,,, snip the old one of, an resolder new one to old legs, thats easiest way,cheers satcat

• probs need a capacitor changing m8,,thats the general problem associated with red light....there 49P from Maplins : code: VH41U,,, snip the old one of, an resolder new one to old legs, thats easiest way,cheers satcat

cheers dont suppose there are any diagrams knocking about just opened it up and there are loads

• ok just an upadate guys ive managed to fix my duo pretty easy really here are a few pics if anyone else has this problem .i managed to get the capasitors from rs components because maplins did not have any in stock had to buy a pack of 5 which worked out at 14p each

these are the tools i used .removed the lid of the duo and removed the hdd so it was easier to get at the capasitor

04b4448aecc30eee229f0b60e.jpg
    e329b89144ebb0d7bdfef.jpg
    i used the snips to cut the legs off the capaistor as close to the body as i could

98e9dfc33.jpg

then cut down the legs on the new capasitor and soldered to the legs on the board not the best soldering but it worked

a7d7d9ef9.jpg

• yep,, easy fix luckily,, done a few all sucssfully, but have heard it doesn,t always fix the problem!! however at the cost and minimul effort.. it,s worth the try.well done m8, cheers satcat

• Glad to see you got it working mate, your photos will no doubt help others in the same situation.

Nano

• hi guys, thanks for this info

i have had this problem over the past week, i have been just powering it off and on with the rocker switch, but its finally given up the ghost. i have reserved the capacitor at marlins and will pick it up tomorrow and give it a go and report back.

thanks again…..fingers crossed nothing else will be wrong

• just changed the c807 on my vu duo clone still carnt get it to fire up bought it with red light on. red light goes orange with remote control PC wont recognize it carnt do any thing with it any ideas ppl any thing would be much appreciated

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!