Vu+ solo 2

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,160 times. The last Post () by eclipse.

• Hello everyone
    I bought a Vu+ solo 2, and set it up yesterday. Being my first Linux receiver, it took me a while to set up everything (about 30 minutes).
    It has a ViX Team software in it (came pre-loaded).
    Do to any changes to it (satellite/channel lists) do I have to connect it somehow to my PC, using some software (which one?) - as that what I had to do with my old receiver, a Manhattan Plaza xt-cm (non-linux).

Any proposals for any other things I should do with it, to start with?

Thanks everyone.

PS; Then I will have to setup the IPTV... somehow...

• Thanks mckee!
    I had seen the Dreamset software in the forum, but I thought it was only for Dreambox brand receivers..
    As for Filezilla, I use this to ftp to domains and upload/download files... didn't think I could use that for the VU!!! Glad to hear that... the only thing is, how do you connect to your receiver via your PC with Filezilla? Do I have to connect the receiver to my PC using some cable? And if so, what kind of cable? Can be done wirelessly too?
    Thanks

• if its on the same network all you need is ip address of receiver buddy

Type IP Address into Host
    Type Username is Username
    Type password in password!

User and Pass will be root and dreambox by default, or if you have used a backup image it is normally noted at the bottom!

No port required

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• So I have to connect the box to the router in order to find the ip address of the box... as far as I know the box does not have wireless built-in... have to buy usb one, right?
    So, when I connect the box to the router via a Cat 5 or 6 cable, does the box have to be connected to the LNB? Because my PC is in a different room than the box - Hope not :-(

And let's say, when connected, then CHAOS? haha... I will see a bunch of directories with stuff in them I guess? Like the C drive of a PC? Any guide somewhere to say what is found in each directory?

Thanks

• Ok, no need to have the LNB connected; great. Does it have to be in the power-wall plug? and if so, do I then have to turn the receiver on or not?

• Ok, great. "Simple" stand-by where I see the date/hour, or the "Deep" stand-by where nothing appears on its screen?

PS: by "buddy" I take it you mean the wall power plug, right?

• Ok great, thanks. Will do it soon (as soon as I get a LAN cable :-)

Got the internal hdd all working... recording... playback... all ok.

Can't get my USB stick having movies in it (avi, mkv, mp4) to work... can't find anything in the SETUP- HARD DRIVE.

When I plugged in, in one of the back USB ports I could see it in the SETUP, but didn't want to initialize - I was getting a message that I will lose all my stuff.

Then I put it in the front USB, and it does not appear in the SETUP at all...

How can I watch some movies I have in it already?

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!