Vu+ solo 2 connect internal 2.5" hdd

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,077 times. The last Post () by eclipse.

• Vu+ solo 2 with ViX software... I want to connect a 2.5" hdd inside. My questions are:

(1) Do I have to format the hdd in my PC first, or not?

(2) If I do have to format it, what do I use, FAT32 or NTFS?

(3) Can it be a SDD drive?

(4) What's the Min and Max capacity I can install? (i.e. 40 Gb to 2 Tb)

Thanks

• (1) Do I have to format the hdd in my PC first, or not?

No not a Must as Receiver can do when you intialise

(2) If I do have to format it, what do I use, FAT32 or NTFS?

FAT32 only on anything Linux/Sat reciever related! HDD, USB e.t.c

(3) Can it be a SDD drive?

Never tried but can't see why not! As long as its 2.5 and has sata connectors

(4) What's the Min and Max capacity I can install? (i.e. 40 Gb to 2 Tb)

No Min or Max, just perhaps be aware of old HDD with slower response times!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• And as for USB stick for recording:

(1) Can it be inserted to any of the 3 inputs?

(2) When I tried to put a "Timer" to record smg yesterday (without any drive in - just wanted to check how it works) it gave me 3 options:
    (a) Descramble & record ECM
    (b) Don't descramble & record ECM
    (c) Normal

Which one to choose? and what's ECM?

And what format does it record to? If it records on the known (to me) formats like avi, mpg, mp4, etc, then maybe I should not install the HDD in the receiver but in a USD input... that way I will be able to take plug it off any time and watch the recorded program to a PC/laptop?

Thanks

• Installed HDD inside, all worked good... formatted in PC (Windows Vista) as ExFAT, installed, turned on, went to Hard Drive, initialized, recorded (as normal... still don't know what the rest means and where it should be).
    Still don't know the format of recording...

Also input in back USBs a stick with avi, mkv, etc, movies, but I cannot find it in the MENU to playback... what should I do in order to watch my movies from the USB stick?

Thanks

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!