Cant update anything via DCC

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,632 times. The last Post () by ampedef.

• Trying to login into my VU via DCC and in the FTP/Commander there is no files at all

The FTP is connected and the C section on the right is showing folders as normal

Even tried to use a new version of DCC but still the same

• Can you do a screenshot and show us what you are seeing, this would probably be best.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi in FTP commander are you at / . listed at the top . It also states FTP connected and paths are all green . Have you connected to the box before and the receiver boots ok?

• yes ive never had a problem using it before

i also cannot use dreamboxedit to change my channel lists as it wont let me login properly

• Hi,

Your screen shot shows your user and passwords are not correct . Not sure what they are for the VU+ box as you have installed new DCC the default install is root and dreambox

• Is your pc connect straight to your box, or are they both plugged into your router?

If its router, you need to change the settings to router, and put the ip for that in also, then connect again with the right username and password

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• ive always used root dreambox for the login and i havent changed it, worked couple months ago last time i logged in

vu is direct to router, laptop is wireless

• Have you changed image if so to which image?

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi

Found this might help you

The Vu+ is a little different.. Username : "root".. There is no default password but you will have to set one before you can access your Vu+ in ftp..

Here are the instructions on what to do to get your password..

Open DCC and as normal make sure all ip`s are correct...
    Clear the password in box provided
    Press reconnect
    Go to telnet
    Type passwd
    You will now be asked for new password.. type your new password
    You will be asked to retype your new password.. and the letters you type may not show up.. but all is OK
    Confirmed
    Now go to configuration page and click on reconnect.

Also as Banny says different images have different passwords .

• Should still be router then, as wireless will connect to router also.

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi agree with Banny router needs to be selected in configuration connection type tick router . I would try a cable connection via router

• can i suggest you tick/dot 'router' and search for your router ip. i know i have a vu+solo2 but try to connect to your router from dreambox to pc/laptop. have you hard wired the router to dreambox?? with cat 5 or 6 cable??

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

• i have now done a backup flash on vix 3 again but its still not accepting the password? i have also tried filezilla and again its not accepting password/vuplus/blank

i just dont understand this as it was working fine and i didnt change anything

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!