Ubuntu, OSCAM, SMARGO, OpenpliPC configuration

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,371 times. The last Post () by deepspace221.

• I've just configured all of the above, and they all seems to work and recognized properly.

What i'm trying to do now, is to connect between the openpliPC and oscam to decode the channels.
    I tried to add [dvbapi] like in my dreambox, but it didn't work.

Can some post the config needed for that?
    In openplipc I don't need to install a softcam, right? It will detect to softcam from ubuntu, correct?

Is there a softcam plugin for kaffine (gnome3)?

• Was able to confirm that my setup indeed works by connecting from my dreambox. :trbtjrjq:
    Used oscam to oscam connection with cs35.

In my settings I put protocol = smartcardreader with device = 006:003 which work fine, but after every reboot or removing/reinserting the smargo I noticed that the usb device id change.

How can I fix this? Should I use a different protocol like mouse/internal/something else?
    What is the difference BTW? The way you refer to to device connected?

• update smargo with v1.5 firmware
    then use the list_smargo file included with oscam to get the smargo serial number

then use this serial number instead of 006:003.

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• I would prefer not to update the firmware for such a little thing, as I have currently v1.3, and it's working ok, and I also read it would be problamtic to revert the change after upgrade.

I didn't had smargo_list file but I found the file on the web.

I get this output:

Code
    root@deepspace:~/Desktop# ./list_smargo-i386-pc-linux
    Looking for smartreader with an out endpoint = 0x82 :
    bus 006, device 003 : 0403:6001 Smartreader (Device=006:003 EndPoint=0x82 insert in oscam.server 'Device = Serial:?')

Serial is not listed. Is this because I didn't upgrade the firmware as you instructed?
    Is there another way, which doesn't involve upgrading the fw?

Setting protocol = mouse and device = /dev/ttyUSB0, didn't recognize the card properly (entitlement not received).

• tried it again from a version I downloaded from here: OScam Download Center

I get now in the serial part a picture of a square with some numbers in it:

lsusb -v

Can you see the info i'm looking for?

• Superb! I think it's dead now. :bello:

Code
    root@deepspace-P35-DS3L:~/Desktop/sr# ./srp_tools_x86
    COM_ERROR (/dev/ttyUSB0)

It seemed from reading online I had no other choise, so I decided to flash it.
    Bad move...

• ive attached the v1.5 i used to flash mine

also attached v1.3 im sure you can go back to 1.3, as it came in the package with v1.5.

• I bought this cheapy one for $21, so if the original sell for $50~$60, I'll prefer to buy another FAKE.
    It's a real bummer, because I only just configured it to work properly, and I had barely a chance to use it.
    In my enthusiasm I lost sight of patience and carefulness, did a ri*** move, that now i'm paying for it.

I'll try and contact my dealer for a replacement.

It's only software, how come I don't have access to reflash it? The manufacturer has access, no?
    Is there really nothing else that can be done to recover it?

Do you think this is original?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-100-Original-USB-Smargo-Smartcard-Reader-Programmer-Plus-V2-/330941954774?pt=US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item4d0dad7ad6

• i had same problem as you my desktop didn't recognize smargo went out bought new one same thing it turn out
    window 7 update knocked out smargo drivers,the only reason i found out because i done fresh install of window 7 .
    after that i change window setting to {check for update but let me choose whether to download} , i'm still trying to work what update knocked out drivers i i never had problem since it connect every time hope this helps

• you could always buy an omnikey 3121 unless theres a reason you specifically need a smargo?
    omnikey is much cheaper than a smargo. and both run the same.

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• Thanks for that.

How much is "cheaper" exactly?
    Can you quantifiy that, and maybe provide a link for purchase?

These are my candidates for now:
    Omnikey Cardman® 3121 Plug Play Chipkartenleser Mit USB Anschluss | eBay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-100-Original-USB-Smargo-Smartcard-Reader-Programmer-Plus-V2-/330941954774?pt=US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item4d0dad7ad6

I'm leaning towards the smargo as it's much more well known in my country, and I already know that the local cards in use are supported.
    So the omney will probably have to be half the price at least for me to give it a try.
    At the moment it doesn't look like this may be the case...

With the smargo v2 will I have a fix address for the device without flashing?
    Anyone bought from that supplier and can recommend and vouch for its authenticity?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!