locally sharing a cline

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,015 times. The last Post () by ddaddy.

• I have a couple questions. I hope you can advise.

1.If I have been given a cline and I add it to lets say for example a DM500s or DM800. Can I set up multiroom with other DM500s to use that single cline?

2. If you were setting up a cccam server and wanted to get maximum (cline) usage from your local card. What kit would you use. eg: is a fast PC running debian/ubunto and a specific card reader (recommendations welcome) faster than a DM800. Assume there is a very fast internet connection. Can you cache the EMM's for faster response times?

I look forward to replies.

Madasafish

Openbox S9, Firmware version HDS2_SCMT_20110315.abs, No local cards, Fixed Dish pointing to 28.2, Location - the smoke.

• Official Post

1.If I have been given a cline and I add it to lets say for example a DM500s or DM800. Can I set up multiroom with other DM500s to use that single cline?

Only if you have been given reshare, you will need an extra reshare for each receiver.

2. If you were setting up a cccam server and wanted to get maximum (cline) usage from your local card. What kit would you use. eg: is a fast PC running debian/ubunto and a specific card reader (recommendations welcome) faster than a DM800. Assume there is a very fast internet connection. Can you cache the EMM's for faster response times?

Debian/ubuntu wont be any faster at sharing your card than a DM800, they will be the same.
    The differances are the debian/ubuntu will allow you to add more peers than the dm800 because its limited by the amount of internal ram is has.
    The debian/ubuntu is more secure because it has built in iptables that will block illegal access attempts on your server.
    The amount you can share your card will limit you before the hardware will, too many connections at the same time will cause freezing for all your peers.
    You would change the smartcard clock frequency to improve ecm times on the card.

• Only if you have been given reshare, you will need an extra reshare for each receiver.

1 reshare is enough to feed as many boxes as you want, as long as they all run off the same server.

I remember a post Ten made when the forum was pretty new, and it was about some software that caches the ECM's so the card didn't have to fetch it for every user.
    I can't remember what it was called and I'm not sure if both ends of the connection had to run it.

• CSP or card server proxy is its name! Works as a clustered cache! I managed to get it installed but there is to much to configure! I just couldnt get my head around it all! Also CCcam dont work with it verry well! Needs Mgcamd or similar! This was months ago when i had a go at it! May have more compatability with CCcam now!

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!