how to passcode protect the setup on Black Hole 2.0.4

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,546 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I am trying to find out how to passcode protect the setup on Black Hole 2.0.4.
    I created a parental code but this is still allowing me to enter the setup , services, system, etc.

Is the passcode protection on settings working on Black Hole 2.0.4 ? Thanks

• Just something you might try out...
    my UNO lives in Avalon but restarts in Black Hole ;)

• okay guys i know these above, but I am asking how to password protect the receiver installation menu, for eg, changing languages, Sat and search functions. I want to use the box in a guest house and i dont want my guests play around with its settings.

• Official Post

simple answer is you cant and no team is likely to introduce such a feature as it will no doubt be abused by CS traders.

Agree with the reasons not to add such a feature but maybe these lot already have although i do not have the image running at the moment to check.

Changes to VTI 4.0

- [VTIPanel] add simple password protection
    - [VTIPanel] add option to remove entries from main menu

The above sounds like what you are looking to do belmont?

• what a pity, my several years old Golden Interstar GI-S 801 FTA Xpeed knows this with the factory firmware....

Agree with the reasons not to add such a feature but maybe these lot already have although i do not have the image running at the moment to check.

The above sounds like what you are looking to do belmont?

well, maybe with the VTI i can hide those installation specific menus. I have never used VTI, but if it works like this, I think I will change.
    The weakness of the Black Hole is that a user can play around with it even with the Black Hole, basic universe. I am a unix guy, i would like to add more security.

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!