first setup vu duo2?!

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,759 times. The last Post () by mrblonde.

• hi

do u think it is worth waiting for the vu duo 2 before setting up my first satellite? (I really like the look/functionality of it).
    or am i running before i can walk and better off starting with a more basic box?

I ideally want to be able to record two standard channels like bbc1 and itv whilst watching a third eg live football.

also are 3pm kickoffs a thing of the past?

will my current s** dish be of any use as I will have a blind spot of 15e+ on the 1m motorised dish. (in back garden)

newbie so any help appreciated

• You can order a duo 2 now bud its only twin tuner ,if you have something to set up with then why not do it now it wont stop you setting a dish up , 3pm footy is still on going if you have a sub that can get it , as you will know the football isnt happening right now though , your *** dish will still be of use if you want to record *** whilst watching other satellites 15e blind spot :waaaht:dont worry about that , sounds more like you need a triple tuner box

steve

• I havent got anything yet! There is a 1.1m dish on ebay near me, can I literally get that then put a motor on it? and an lnb with 3 outputs? then get a box.
    Do you know of a better or decent triple tuner that might suit me?
    a sub? - how do i find out about this.
    can I use my *** dish and box for freesat if i stop paying?
    thanks steve

• you can use your *** dish and receiver for the channels that are free to air .i used my old ***box to do this but i had to put in indidual transponders and frequency to get some channels and then it only allowed a certain number of extra channels cheers

• Yeah Thanks i've just been reading about that :)

So I think my best setup would be:
    keep *** box and record two normal channels on there.
    And just use the satellite for trying to get football and movies on.

Whats the best supported box that I can get and get most footy channels on with a motorised dish?

• Yeah Thanks i've just been reading about that :)

So I think my best setup would be:
    keep *** box and record two normal channels on there.
    And just use the satellite for trying to get football and movies on.

Whats the best supported box that I can get and get most footy channels on with a motorised dish?

I think you need to understand first the concept of cards there is no magic box for 3pm football you need a subscription or a share from a friend , you asked first on 20/5 its now 9/7 and you are still asking more or less the same questions , I think you should spend some time reading and seeing what it is you are trying to do to be totally honest

• yeah I thought it was just a matter of big dish, linux box and tune in to european/arab station.
    Seems like not that simple with rights and that. Is there any help I can get on how people do this? I used to just use sopcast, or atdhe or wiziwig. But want better quality and not get ripped off through sly. Fed up of missing goals through buffering and poor quality lol.
    I dont mind paying a fair subscription if I get good quality and lots of games.
    Much appreciated! cheers vips and mods! :)

• the idea of a big dish is to acompany a motor to be able to pick up most of European ,etc ,sats..
    if you are going to get into this hobby, go for what the pocket can afford and reading is the start
    of what could be a long lasting pleasurable pastime,,
    and meeting people like minded and making friends,,,
    ask any sat widow....
    the more you get into it the less tv viewing you do...

• Been reading lots!
    I download most of my films ;) would like to get blu rays and put them on or ideally directly download them to the box - is that possible or will i have to stream from my pc to the box?
    thinking about getting the duo2 and satellite package (from WOS) and do the dish once i've sorted the flashing of the box - still cant decide what image i'd put on there? - probably black hole.
    Is there a list of possible subs?
    Is it okay to have a third coax cable coming from my sly dish, as there are already 2 going into the sly box?
    Hopefully going to order it tomorrow

• Right I'll throw my 10pence in, get a triple tuner box eg duo2 and a 1m dish , use the 1st 2 feeds from the sly dish onto the 1st 2 tuners then attach the 3rd (and poss 4th) tuner to motorised , this way u can record 2 28.2 channels and your motor is free to view any other sat including 28.2 for up to 3 recordings, I have the same setup but on a duo with freeview hd, sly fixed 28.2 and motor for any other option! Very rare I can't record everything I want and still watch something! . Also for me VIX image is a no brainier!

• yeah thanks deerhunter thats exactly what I'll do :)
    just to clarify - I can cancel my *** sub completely once all set up?
    as I'd rather virgin bb without a phoneline

• Hello buddy,

In a previous post you said you had been reading lots, well maybe you should read a bit more. You should read on how cardsharing works, you have a card that I would like a share from and in return I give you a share from a different card that you would like. The box won't magically open all channels on 28e unfortunately, if it was that easy this forum wouldn't exist.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hello buddy,

In a previous post you said you had been reading lots, well maybe you should read a bit more. You should read on how cardsharing works, you have a card that I would like a share from and in return I give you a share from a different card that you would like. The box won't magically open all channels on 28e unfortunately, if it was that easy this forum wouldn't exist.

Ah I see! Okay thanks I'll read more about that then. I thought that was for extra channels although makes more sense now.

The clue is in the name! lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!