updating duo

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 840 times. The last Post () by davy4475.

• hi, I,m looking to update from build 558 to the latest build 693 via software update, but I,m concerned about losing my channels or havin problems with my ccams. is there an easy method so I can keep my channels with no issues, thanks

• The easy method is to make a settings backup first before you do anything, but to be on the safe side I would also backup your cam configs etc.

Your making quite a jump from 558 to 693, there have been a lot of updates since then. I don't honestly think you can go straight from 558 to 693, you would need to do a fresh reflash of you duo to get the latest version of vix, i'm almost sure I seen that posted on here, just can't find it at the minute..

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Build 558 is far too old a build to safely update using the online update method, best to make a settings backup using the backup manager then fresh flash to build 693 and restore that backup during the first install wizard.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• ive tried a fresh flash but for some reason im unable to do so. I,m thinking I have a bloody clone. will the online update not work for me then?

• There is no difference in build 558 to build 694 in this respect other than Vu+ Hardware drivers so if build 558 works build 694 should also work. To know for sure you would need to create a serial or bootlog with a rs232 - null modem cable and a putty session while the receiver is booting up.

• Official Post

To know for sure you would need to create a serial or bootlog with a rs232 - null modem cable and a putty session while the receiver is booting up.

thanks phoenix, I,m new to all this so I havn,t a clue how to do that lol

If thats the only way to spot a clone then its news to me lol, are they really that good?

• What happened when you tried to flash the image, look on the underside of the receiver there is usually a tell tale sticker if it is a clone.

no sticker on the underside of the receiver but theres one on the top, bottom left hand corner

• If thats the only way to spot a clone then its news to me lol, are they really that good?

I never said it was any thing to do with spotting a clone at all, it is however the only way to know what is happening to the receiver at bootup and can be used as a diagnostic tool to see why it wont boot into the later image. you took a small portion of what i said totally out of context rather than reading the whole reply.

• no sticker on the underside of the receiver but theres one on the top, bottom left hand corner

If the sticker states "Don't update software from other place for it may.........for new software please go to ***.******.tv then its a clone bud

You may also have a V2 (Version2) or V3 (Version3) sticker on it...and look at box and/or manual....you will notice fading and uneven writing perhaps!

Tell tell signs its not legit and copied/cloned

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• by the looks of it I have a bloody clone, I guess I,m stuck with it, but what are my options, how would I update, add picons, plugins and I cant seem to access dreambox edit

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!