openbox x5 won't record second programme

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,921 times. The last Post () by erinville.

• Whenever I set two timers on Openbox X5 the first one tapes fine and when the second timer is due the receiver just changes to the correct channel to record but the recording never starts.
    Anyone had issues like this when trying to record on this receiver?

• Very limited so.
    Why put in all these timers when there is no software to back it up?
    This receiver badly needs a firmware update.

If the shows are on after the other that could be the problem as they overlap. If a show finishes at 8 and the other starts at 8 you would need to set the 1st recording to finish at 7.59 and the 2nd recording to start at 8.00. Hope that helps

• Whenever I set two timers on Openbox X5 the first one tapes fine and when the second timer is due the receiver just changes to the correct channel to record but the recording never starts.
    Anyone had issues like this when trying to record on this receiver?

Lolz//// It would,nt be anything to do with these boxes only having a single tuner would it???

upgrade your firmware as stated...you also have to realise that a 7 day epg is problematic and does not work on these boxes//only now and next...i,m afraid i have to be blunt here and inform you to get yourself a decent box if you want reliable features like this!!!

• Lolz//// It would,nt be anything to do with these boxes only having a single tuner would it???

upgrade your firmware as stated...you also have to realise that a 7 day epg is problematic and does not work on these boxes//only now and next...i,m afraid i have to be blunt here and inform you to get yourself a decent box if you want reliable features like this!!!

some of us cant afford to stretch for a better box. He said the issue happens with recordings hours apart

• some of us cant afford to stretch for a better box. He said the issue happens with recordings hours apart

I acknowledged what he said about the hours apart bit...main problem is people with shit boxes expect the world and it just wont happen...it has been spoken about since these crap boxes were put on the market that the epg would not work properly on most platforms and in particular slyuk so maybe you need to wind your neck back in...better still throw the box in the bin if it does not do what a proper linux or official stb does...ever heard the saying that if you cant afford something then maybe you are not supposed to have it!!!

• Thanks,
    I must try that.
    How do I save my favourites to USB in case anything goes wrong?
    It took about 2 hours to set up favourites.
    Also for some reason I changed from MGcamd to CCcam last night and when I got up today my channels were scrambled.
    I can't get either to work now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!