Small picons

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,261 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hi there folks.
    Can anyone tell me how I may be able to re-size my picons.
    Now I have got them to load and work in the latest VTI image; There is
    a WIDTH gap at both sides of each picon. I would like to fill this gap up if possible.
    Also; As I have stated in a previous post (No answers yet)? Why do I have to change each of
    my picons service reference numbers to get them to load?
    Many thanks to everyone. I still have lots to learn. But I have time on my hands. Due to being disabled and at home.:trbtjrjq:

• Hi Bud,

Resizing the picons is gonna be a bugger lol! You could use an online image resizer....but you may have to do one at a time?

Or Photoshop and run image resizing script from File Menu option! (That will enable you to bulk change)

I do believe picons need to be no more the 100x60 pixels in size so i wouldn't exceed that!

The service reference numbers for the picons correspond to the channels so these would have to be the same in order for the picon to show on correct channel....some more info on picons below

The file formats

* Where are the files located? /etc/enigma/picon
    * What does an example file name pointing to the .png file look like?

1_0_1_957_327B_3277_6400000_0_0_0.png = the Plicon of 1600e_golden_west_network.png

* The file name, what does it mean?

1 = reftype, fixed
    0 = flags, fixed
    1 = servicetype (1=tv)
    957 = SID
    327B = transponder id
    3277 = network id
    6400000 = namespace (orbital position 1600 --> 640 hex)
    0 = parent SID
    0 = parent transponder id
    0 = unused

The icons

* What is the file type? .png
    * What is the .png's image size? 70px x 53px or 100px x 60px

Hope this helps Bud!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Many thanks for your reply mrgmx.
    When I downloaded several packs of picons; All of them had the right coding for them except for 1 on each picon.
    Please let me give you an example. (All picons for 28.2 Astra).

Example:- Take the channel Dave on S*Y 28.2 degrees east. The service reference number for this channel is:- 1_0_1_1DC4_7DF_2_11C0000_0_0
    But on all of the picon sets I have downloaded; The service reference number differs for this channel:- 1_0_1_1DC4_7DF_2_11A0000_0_0

Can you explain to me why I have had to change the letter A to a letter C
    Many thanks for your help M8.

• I have been looking for this info forever, cheers mrgmx...

Can anyone tell me how I may be able to re-size my picons.

This one is pretty good, It shows up as an option on the right click menu in windows..
    ImageResizerSetup.rar

Install &...

Firstly copy all the picons to a new working folder so your originals are untouched
    Now select all the picons you want to resize, then right click & select resize images,
    In the box that opens up, select custom and enter 72 x 40 pixels (or whatever you want)
    Also select "replace the originals"
    Finally click resize..

NOTE: The PC might lock up for a few seconds/minutes depending on how many picons /pc spec etc etc..
    (It took me 25 seconds to resize 6000 from 100x60 to 80 x 45 on an i7 with 32GB RAM so expect a minute or two m8)

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!