Vu+ solo 2 problems picking up satellites

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,866 times. The last Post () by radicaldoc.

• Hi. I recently purchased this receiver to take over from my very reliable Spiderbox HD9000. After 2 and a half years of using this box i never really had any issues with it but felt it was time for an upgrade so took the plunge with the Vu+ box. I'm not going to lie but it took me quite some time to get everything sorted but eventually i got there and on Wednesday night/thursday morning i had everything sorted and clearing properly. I even got the local engineer who has done some bits and bobs for me in the past just to come and make sure everything up there was in order and dish hadn't moved at all (we'd had some strong winds since the last time it was checked a year ago) The dish hadn't moved at all and everything was fine when the guy left. He checked Thor 0.8 and i was getting 81% signal strength which i thought was pretty decent.

Didn't really use the box yesterday until last night and now everything has gone to pot. I did have a notification saying there was a software update that could be carried out so i went ahead and did that. That was the only change/thing i did to the box since the engineer left when everything was working perfect. Co-ords are inputted correctly but i can't even pick 0.8 thor up now and 28.2 signal strength ranges between 0-50% when i flick through the various transponders. I have started from scratch doing a factory reset using the very latest Vixx image that came out today but still i am not picking satellites up and can't get thor and 28.2 signal strength is very poor.

So annoying because everything was working perfectly yesterday morning.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have any advice as to what might be the issue? I have asked the engineer if he can pop over again when he gets chance just to double check everything again but surely it can't be the dish is out when he checked it and it was fine?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

• Currently got a dish flashing in top left hand corner which says from 28.2 e go to 28.2 when i try to go to a channel on freesat list. Uploaded catseye 75e/45w channel list to box like last time when it was working fine also.

• I would say you have alignment issues bud as opposed to it being the image etc , an image wont change the signal levels it might look like it does but in reality the tuner will be getting the same amount of signal , are you using usuals for the dish , make sure your latitude and longitude are correct as per dishpointer and its not the case that the green button wasnt pressed to save setting, i did this and when i rebooted after a week the settings dropped and i drove my dish into the wall simple mistake to make possible this maybe the issue you have after saying it was all fine in the begining

Steve

• How could it be working fine in the morning then 8 hours later its not though? Engineer said he tightened everything up and everything was fine when he left which it clearly was as i was picking everything up with very good signal strength. Would you recommend getting him back out to it then? I sent him a text earlier so hopefully he will reply soon and come and sort it for me. Any ideas what it could be if its not that though?

Watching C$ HD now and its crystal clear. Signal strength is only 50% though

• failing that save some money and get the enigma signal meter for android if you have an addroid pad or phone off google play enable webif plugin in your box and
    set your pone to the boxes ip address and tweak the dish your self , till you get the signal the best possible ,cant see it being much else , some of the 5ky transponders are low i made a thread about this weeks ago pop and tiny pop are also about 50% for me , i get 13e 99% thor about 89% most of 5ky at 70-80 mark bbc1 at 99% its all over with 5ky you will still watch with no issues as low as 35%

• at the moment 5ky1 is 76% bbc1 100% mtv music 72% tiny pop 60% and ive an inverto ultra quad and lined up best possible

ci+1 52%

Can i ask where you are looking to see what each individual channel strength is?

• How would i go about installing this on my box mate?

Thanks for your input so far by the way.

If you go into plugins and press the green button to download plugins youll find it in the feed under skins , download and install it the you need to go back into system skin setup and select it , reboot and your done , if you get a message about unstable feeds , go to menu setup /system / software update and make allow unstable feeds to yes and repeat the first steps again

• at the moment 5ky1 is 76% bbc1 100% mtv music 72% tiny pop 60% and ive an inverto ultra quad and lined up best possible

ci+1 52%

tiny pop 30%
    BBC 1 HD 46%

Certainly nowhere near as strong a signal as yours!!!!! Something definitely not right

• In plugins you pressed green and got the tree with drivers ,extentions ,skins etc ? are you sure its not there i put it on a box the other night ?

Spot on that skin. Much prefer it to the original in the latest image.

• use that signal meter bud you can change channel with it at the dish to test different transponders your dish will just need a small tweak , small movements youll see , a great tool !!

Where can i get one of these from mate? How much? Sounds like a great piece of kit. Basically aligning the dish yourself from inside your home as far as i can see?

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!