Vu+ solo 2 problems picking up satellites

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,881 times. The last Post () by radicaldoc.

• "save some money" this was the bit that got me. Thought you had to pay for it! Is it easy enough to use? And it defo works? You think it will sort my issues?

• "save some money" this was the bit that got me. Thought you had to pay for it! Is it easy enough to use? And it defo works? You think it will sort my issues?

it will help you find the best signal possible as long as you take your time and have the dish slightly nipped up so you can move it but dont force it thru the motor try shift the motor by hand left and right rather than grabbing the dish and moving it so you dont increase backlash in the gears

• OK brilliant, will give this a whirl tomorrow, as long as i can find some ladders from somewhere as my dish is attached to a pole pretty high up on side of my house and i don't have ladders that big but i think my neighbour might have some. Seems pretty straight forward to use (just downloaded app)

What channel/sat should i be looking to re-align dish to? Is it just a case of moving the motor? Don't have to mess about checking the lnb position etc? Just the dish?

Sorry for all the questions!!!!

• pick a weak uk transponder ci+1 and get that best as possible tighten up and check 4,8 e and see how that is as its weak also youll get it at about 50-60 % at best well i do with a 1,1 dish your best getting the weaker ones high as possible then every thing else will sort its self out

• pick a weak uk transponder ci+1 and get that best as possible tighten up and check 4,8 e and see how that is as its weak also youll get it at about 50-60 % at best well i do with a 1,1 dish your best getting the weaker ones high as possible then every thing else will sort its self out

What is ci+1? Are you saying 4.8 e will be 50/60% best of ci+1 will be that?

• ci+1 is a uk channel that is weak and you should get 4,8e at about 60% depending on your setup and location im in edinburgh with a 1,1 dish and i get 60% so you might be slightly higher than that

Disappointingly my neighbour doesn't have a ladder large enough to carry out this job. Engineer can come out on monday to look at dish again but good that i can also check signal strength myself with the app you told me about. Then i need to invest in a large pair of ladders!!!

Disappointed this isn't sorted though as wanted to watch Liverpool game tomorrow lunchtime but never mind!

Thanks for your help thus far though Steve

• Up to now i have uploaded Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-45 West as my channel list. Good choice or are there better? Can someone please remind me of what i need to do next? Had this all sorted the other day but my mind has gone blank now and i am just confusing myself going over old ground doing searches to try and find the info from here. Think i need to download a plugin and ccam link ready to enter a cline. Can someone please confirm and perhaps point me in the right direction?

Thanks again

• If you go into plugins and press the green button to download plugins youll find it in the feed under skins , download and install it the you need to go back into system skin setup and select it , reboot and your done , if you get a message about unstable feeds , go to menu setup /system / software update and make allow unstable feeds to yes and repeat the first steps again

Can this signal strength meter be added to any skin?? what is it called this or any like it. Thanks Guys

I put this skin on and it pretty good thanks bud!!

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!