Two Diseqc 4/1

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,301 times. The last Post () by njl.

• Hi

Is it possible to connect two of these switches to one box and thereby use more than 4lnb's on 1 dish or do I have to buy a bigger switch or a box to connect the two switches? I want to know if it is possible without buying any extra equipment?

thx in advance

bq

• bq

to achieve what your asking is not possible . U cannot piggy back diseq switches. A good 8 way switch i could recommend would be the emp centuri supplied by the site sponser and my good friends and creative satellite. Here is the link . They are a bit tricky to setup but im sure you can post on here and i will be happy to help

8 Way DiseqC Switch Emp- Centauri

regards

t

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• yes you can cascade uncommitted and committed switches.

you would need one uncommitted switch connected to one committed switch

• Far easier with a 8 way than messing around with committed and uncommitted switch setup across to devices. Not to mention the headache !!!! If you were a sat installer maybe possible but don't know what image u would use on a receiver to setup successfully and without problems. Will try at weekend and let you guys know if possible and how long it takes.

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• yes you can cascade uncommitted and committed switches.

you would need one uncommitted switch connected to one committed switch

Ok, I'm hoping to get a 3 degree monoblock LNB to put on a static dish at 15.8 deg to also get hotbird, however I already have a 4 way disecq switch with 28.2 and the 15.8 feed as well as a 19.2 feed.

I may have to drop the 4 way switch but have no idea what a commited or uncommited switch are and how to tell....

Althernatively Iif I was to get a Triax dual feed clamp for the dish, are there LNB's I could get tight enough to get a 3 degree spacing?

Thanks for any help!

• You'd be better off putting them all on one dish m8...

For the 3 degree spacings you'll need special lnb's like these:

and a holder like this:

Like this taken from banie01 from another forum!:

Get a good switch them, make it water tight and you'll be grand...

• Thanks, TBH I have had a motor sitting around for a year or two, should really bite the bullet and have a go at getting it fitted and sorted, then hopefully I can rationalise down the setup outdoors and see how it goes from there. As long as I get it reliable, I can cope with waiting now and then for the dish to move!

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!