Streaming DM800 via laptop

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,000 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• is there any recomended software to view ur dm800? i try browsin to the ip of the box but most of the times when i try to view channels it tries to open in windows media player and says cnt connect to the server ?

help plz

cheers

• did you try using the web tv option? i have a dm500 using pli image and it works perfectly. it opens up in a new browser window and i think i had too let it install a plugin.
    i was even able to watch a 4.2.2 feed last week when there was no picture on the tv.

my mate has a dm800 and the web tv wouldn't work on the gemini image that came with it but he now has dreamelite and i think it works ok.

i'm sure theres other ways of streaming but this works fine for me.

• Hi

On your windows pc install vlc media player. Open the webstream port in this software and hopefully up it should appear. You can also make a file association under windows so vlc will be your default player.

Regards

T

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Ive played with several images the past week and I can't get the webif streaming working in any!
    IE9 just shows a blank screen with a little image place holder. Chrome says missing plugin, but I've never been offered a plugin to install.
    I have VLC full installed.

• guys will post my setup 2nite when home from work as i have it working perfect on a dm800 with nabilo image installed. I use VLC on my lappy .

regards

t

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• OK. My setup for web tv .

Nabilo image on dm800
    Latest VLC ( 1.1.8 ) ensure you did a full install on laptop or pc and not minimal - very important
    Also ensure when installing all browser plugin boxes are ticked.

Go to ip address of box on your network and click on link in top right on my image which says webtv. Then automatically mozilla opens a new window and plays whatever is currently on dm800.

regards

t

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!