No output from scart socket OpenViX image Fix

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,259 times. The last Post () by carrier.

• I'm talking about the red white yellow connectors link them to the modulator to see if that works

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Hello does anyone know if it a simple repair to change the scart socket on a VUsolo2 the HDMI output is working perfectly to the TV downstairs, but I need the scart via a RF modulator to get the signal upstairs?

Because i have never tried to receive both composite and hdmi from the same receiver this info could be irrelevant...with virgin media official boxes i remember composite would not work if hdmi was selected as the main source.

• I have tried this with dm800 openboxes and blade boxes and they all output on both at the same time. Should work on the vusolo2
    What happens if you remove the HDMI and just use scarf?

• Official Post

I have tried this with dm800 openboxes and blade boxes and they all output on both at the same time. Should work on the vusolo2
    What happens if you remove the HDMI and just use scarf?

Cannot comment on other boxes but when i had the original solo it was the case that once your video output was selected this was the only available, not all is lost though connect to the webinterface then using the webremote go through the menus & change it to scart if this is all you can use then you should have it working again.

• Thanks for all the comments. I have had this working since I purchased the box from our sponsers in Jan so it it is still under guarantee. They are away on holiday to the 19th and I wondered if this was a fairly easy repair, not to keen on returning it now I have all my settings working OK.
    Just as a note when the box is used upstairs it is NOT being used downstairs, the scart into a RF modulator and into the the ariel system woked fine untill 2 days ago.
    P.S. In answer to mezzyg I have tried removing the HDMI lead and this does not correct the situation. I am 100% sure that the scart socket is now not working for what ever reason

• Official Post

A bug has been found in VIX image and fix will be included in image soon. If you want to do it now, the following as per Rob Van der Does. W

I think we found the bug.
    You can try for yourself using the attached file (unzip to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components ).
    Restart Enigma2 and remove the file after the restart.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!