Tune failed Update.

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 657 times. The last Post () by toothfairy.

• As the problem continued I thought I'd investigate and seeing as most channels were working
    I started at the receiver and fitted a new patch lead between it and the V box and hey presto
    Everything was working again but on going back later I was getting Tune fail so took the V box
    out of line and boxnation etc are now working with no black screen :)).Lucky for me I have a
    brand new one in the cupboard so alls good.Thanks to all who offered advice and especially
    mckee25 who never gave up trying to sort it.

• Good to hear you got to the problem in the end, as I stated in a previous post I found replacing the LNB cured the odd frequency problem.
    I use the VboxII & some what concluded the same as you've described above but found after a few days I had bouncing signals on them said channels so I replaced LNB and hay presto I was able to use the old vbox again, I've got to admit though I have retired the old vbox since to the loft for a rainy day.

• The Vbox usually suffers from dry joints, I'd get hold of a soldering iron and give it the once over, I've also noticed that resitting the pcb can help when I've had problems in the past ;)

• I might send the old Vbox off and get it looked at and keep it for a rainy day.
    I have a second invacom LNB so if I need to change that's fine.

Oh btw I swore by invacom LNB's until I come across my problem but I soon swapped ships as the 4 year warranty was worth the paper it was wrote on... Tried many emails to invacom with no reply. I had my lnb about 15 month before it played up.

• Fine with that acco,I would be handy with a soldering iron and did intend to have
    a look inside so I will let you know how I get on.As for the invacom LNB I would
    have it in use for a number of years now, not sure how long.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!