Sly glitching

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,625 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• It's only like 1 very brief glitch every minute or 2.
    I was watching the ECM times this morning and glitches happened when ECM was 0.250 seconds which I thought was very quick, which made me think maybe sly had reduced the time needed for ECM's, but obviously not.
    I'll have to have a play with my cfg later and see if it's too many peers causing the problem.

• Can confirm all been glitch free with oscam kept up to date with latest builds. I dont have many peers who take sly from me and i dont give any reshare on card due to the recent bout of cards being turned off. They are definately testing something new as pick tv no longer opens with cccam. Also the PPV wrestling the other night would not open under cccam however opened fine with oscam. This card is still in its infancy and has had little changes made since its introduction. It was only going to be a matter of time until something changed. Good news we have oscam constantly developed in one hand but with oscam being open source it means ruppies gang can counter measure very easily. The reason i believe is that because there are still so many generation 1 sly boxes in subscribers homes little change has been made to the encryption as these old boxes would not handle change. This then leads onto current marketing campaigns giving away free HD boxes. With more and more subscribers on new boxes more changes can be made without detrimentally affecting the subscriber base. Changes were possible on sky italia as this was a new network really with new set top boxes. I think plenty of changes in coming year against c/s. However the only encrpytion currently suceesfully tackling c/s seems to be the new irdeto system. This game has always been cat and mouse and always will. Roll on iptv i say . More choice of viewing across countries and plenty of oppurtunity for a p2p iptv platform being developed

regards

t

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• That is the only downfall of oscam unfortunately . You can not police the reshare properly yet. There has been a bug fix in latest build to address the control of reshare but i have not yet had chance to test fully. Another bug in oscam is the dvbapi where it is run direct in a dream for instance. I have tested myself and for some reason a local box with oscam as client only ; takes 3x more ecm's than a client locally connecting under cccam. Hopefully this will be ironed out soon if everyone appears to be jumping onto this protocol.

regards

t

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Also interesting i think about "More choice of viewing across countries and plenty of oppurtunity for a p2p iptv platform being developed
    " as the respective iplayers/mediaplayers already obstruct any foreign IP , yes it is possible wayround this by proxy, but you get my point...
    copyright infringements ,etc....
    nagra3 seems to be holding its own too!!

• Cazuela , There are already companies who are reselling iplayer concepts into the middle east . All they are doing is setting up VPN farms in the UK . They are charging monthly subs for what one could easily do themselves with a bit of knowledge. I subscribe myself to fox sport usa over IPTV. Can say one thing the quality of streams are awesome and i get a heap load of sport for very little. Within the EU subject to a ongoing court case all territories for broadcast maybe a thing of the past within eu memeber states. So watching this closely.

regards

t

• Just going back to my original post about glitching.
    It seems to only be on HD channels!
    Watching the match now, on the SD channel I can watch 10 minutes without a glitch, switch to HD and I get a glitch every minute or 2!

Am I missing something here? Both SD and HD channels are using the same share.

• What are you signal levels on the HD channels . I have found before that if a strong enough signal is not there for hd channels then part of the electronic control message (ecm) is missed causing freezing and glitching and higher ecm times. This is documented in other forums. I had badly aligned 28.2 and on espn hd i would get glitching/freezing and high ecm times. When i got a sat company to align dish correctly the problem went away . Just a thought . report back your signal levels

regards

t

• Thanks t. SS2 HD is at 84% and is actually a higher SNR than the SD channel.
    You got me thinking though, it could be a weak signal with HD channels needing a higher SNR.
    I think I'll get a dedicated mini dish for 28.2 as I think I had to drop SNR to get better on other sats.

• Not so much the snr levels , its the quality ( agc ) what is important mate . On a dm800 which has a weak tuner on early revisions anyway if i dont hit more than 70% on the quality i got problems. I can pick up 28.2 in germany fine but i found it was crucial to peak out my dish on the hd transponders. Have you got a sat meter with spectrum analyser on it ?

t

• No mate, but now I'm certain it's signal rather than server problems I will stick up a dedicated 28.2 mini dish so I get maximum signal.
    My LNB arm wobbles in high wind so I wanted to get a mini anyway. Win win

• How long is the cable run ? What cable ? Which receiver ? Is there a switch involved ? These are all other factors which could degrade the signal. Hope you get it sorted.

regards

t

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!