Need a bit of help

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 666 times. The last Post () by conman.

• Hey guys, need some advise.
    First of I'm using 2 lines like most people, one line for my local server for 28.2E and the other is my Euro line server for my other satellites.
    The local line is on Mgcamd 1.38 and the Euro one is on Cccam 2.2.1.

Now the problem I'm having is sometimes while on 28.2E using Mgcamd and change channel on the same satellite and same package there is a blank screen and I have to reinitialize Mgcamd 1.38 to view the channel which comes on straight after I hit the button.

It doesn't do it on every channel change but more or less when it feels like it but I don't have the problem when using Cccam on the other satellites, as a matter of fact I don't have any problems on 28.2E either if I just use the Euro line on Cccam so as far as I can tell the problem is with Mgcamd.

I had the same problem using Blackhole 1.7 and it's still going on after changing to Blackhole 2.0.3 which make me think that Mgcamd is the problem.

So my question is this. Is there another cam I can use instead of Mgcamd for my local line or can I use 2 different Cccam's? I don't know a big lot about the different cams etc, all I know is I have an N-line for my local server and a C-Line for my Euro server.

I tried putting all the lines on the Cccam but the receiver was using the Euro line on my local package when I didn't want it too as at the time of changing channels the ECM's were coming in faster on my Euro line so the box automatically choose that line when I'd rather it be on my N-line.

Just hope someone understands what I'm on about as I have even started confusing myself...lol:)

If you are confused then you probably know what's going on!

• I think your best option is to convert your sly CWS Line to an Nline and run both in CCcam....example below

CWS = jimmy.ignorelist.com 18000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 wan newcs # sly line

convert the above line with your details to (the line below) and enter it into your cccam.cfg ABOVE! your euro cline line..

N: jimmy.ignorelist.com 18000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 #SLy line

Alternatively you could try running your cline in cccamd.list.////usr/keys

The problem you were having with your sly line in mgcamd was probably config related...ie

# box type
    # 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
    # 01 dbox2
    # 02 dreambox
    # 03 triple-dragon
    # 04 relook
    # 05 openbox
    # 06 dreambox/mips
    # 08 stapi/kathrein
    # 09 stapi/ipbox
    # 10 stapi/openbox
    # 11 enigma/ipbox
    # 12 octagon
    B: { 00 } ( should be B: { 06 } with enigma 2 boxes)

I much prefer mgcamd so you could try the above and report back your findings..

MK

Edit are you using an Nline for as you say your local server in mgcamd? this really should be a CWS line in newcamd.list

• Sorry i am a little muddled up with my own post now lolz...

Just to confirm...you have 2 lines... 1 is an Nline for 28.2 which you are running in Mgcamd...if so where in your box is that line located == usr/keys?

And a 2nd line (cline) for euro sats located in CCcam.cfg

• I actually have one N-line for 28.2E and 2 C-lines for my euro sats.

I done some searching around as I had some problems getting back on this site. So I ended up putting all 3 lines in Cccam cfg file but at the end of the 2 C-lines I added
    no { 0:0:3, 963:0 }
    This then stopped the Euro server decoding my 28.2E package and just decodes my Euro stuff. I haven't had any blank screens so far nor any missing sound on channel change which I forgot to mention but I've since uninstalled the Mgcamd 1.38 altogether and everything seem to be running dead on...well for now anyway:) At least now I don't have to switch between cams either when going to the Euro sats.

Cheers guys:)

• Glad you got it going but you confused the **** outta me mate and i suspect a few others but maybe i read your post wrong...mgcamd nlines??....nlines always above clines in cccam...MGCAMD LINES IN NEWCAMD.LIST...priority lines at the top especially newcamd lines

Your main issue was how you were using cccam lines in the first place as you probably dont understand how cccam works...although it is now unsupported it had a weird and wonderful and i admit a crazy way of dealing with requests....

For example!!!..from your provider cccam server this will be happening at their end....

hop1//server..peers..glitch...

when this happens... server,, goes to next fastest peer..handling the request...

cccam dosent distinguish... between hops... after locals... just the fastest timing...

so if you have a hop3 peer..with a faster ping..ecm time.. then cccam will jump there..instead of taking a slow hop2...

this..dosent say the hop3..peer is better..or the hop 2 peer worse...it just says..at the time your hop1 peer.. glitched.. the hop3 peer..was the fastest to handle the request..

u can trick cccam a bit... by the way you setup your cfg... as cccam does read..right to left...up ...and down...odd and thank god for newcamd!!!!this is why cccam is is dying a slow death...

You can filter out packages matey but you should not have to with your setup...Try your newcamd packages at the top of your cccam cfg....i,m just sugesting this as you could lose certain channels on 28.2 that your newcamd client does not supply...

Cheers

MK

• The confusion was probably the guys that told me how to set it up in the first place...lol. When I first got the box I was faced with the problem having my N-line and 2 C-lines in the Cccam which indeed worked but because the C-line ecm's were coming in faster when turning the dish back around to 28.2E it keep on using my C-lines which I didn't want so a guy on another forum which is now shutdown told me to install Mgcamd and use it for my N-line which I did but had to manually change to Cccam 2.2.1 when I turned to the Euro sats and back again to Mgcamd 1.38 when back on 28.2E which didn't bother me but at the same time when on 28.2E the blank screen was coming on intermittently during channel change and sometimes the picture would be there but no sound and had to reinitialize the Mgcamd to get my viewing back. I tried putting all the lines in Mgcamd but only had 28.2E and no Euro sats would decode and then got some help yesterday and was told to put everything in the Cccam cfg file as before but to add the line no { 0:0:3, 963:0 } at the end of the C-lines and it been doing the job so far without having to switch cams all the time, it just goes straight to my C-lines when on Euro sats and automatically changes back to my N-line when I go back to 28.2E. It seems to be faster now at decoding when I switch between satellites so I can't complain. Just a pity I didn't have the correct info at the start, would have saved me a whole lot of hassle....but hey, as least I'm sorted now and that's the main thing:trbtjrjq:

I'll try a bit of messing with the Mgcamd again and see if it makes any difference. When using the Newcamd do I put my N-line into the Newcamd.list and the C-lines into the Cccam.list or do I put all into the Newcamd.list?

Cheers

• UPDATE

I installed the Mgcamd 1.38 again, put the nline into the newcamd.list and the clines into the cccamd.list and changed the mg_cfg G to {33}.

Everything seems to be working ok. So will the Nline automatically kick in everytime I go to my 28.2E or is this just pot luck? Also...is there a way to view the ECM and line info by hitting the ok button instead of having to hit the blue button?

Cheers

Second update: Spoke to soon, having the same problem I was having at the start with Mgcamd 1.38. Blank screen and no sound during some channel changes. I think I'll stick with the cccam 2.2.1 as it seems to be doing the job properly.

Third update: I've tried Mgcamd 1.38c and so far so good, As far as I know this cam is supposed to be optimized for the VU+ boxes so fingers crossed. I'll mess with it for a while and see how things go:-))

• Well I'm into my 4th day using the Mgcamd 1.38c and it has been doing the job. The only gripe I have is when I change to my Euro Sats and the C-lines kick in I'm getting high ecm's and sometimes around 2500ms-3500ms but this is just for the first 20-30 seconds or so and then it seems to stabilize down to around 200ms. I don't think it's my server but I'm gonna install Cccam 2.2.1 again and see if I'm still getting the high ecms on channel change if only to rule out that my server isn't at fault.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!