dm800hd fan problems

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,368 times. The last Post () by thejoker.

• My fan in my dm800hd is operating strangely. It comes on with channels such as *** sports and *** movies but on channels like watch and bt sport it does not. When I restart the box once it boots up I get the message, no fan control hardware, fc2 deactivated. How do I activate fc2, i presume it stands for fan control.

Im also curious to know how to turn on subtitles, alot of the time I have tv on mute and would like to get subtitles on *** sports news...

• By the way, I had installed fancontrol2 from the openpli feeds but i could not figure out how to use it as couldnt find any menu nor did it show in the plugin list. Now that Ive removed this plugin i am no longer getting the boot up message telling me fc2 deactivated as there is no fan hardware.

So does it think my receiver has no fan...

• My fan in my dm800hd is operating strangely. It comes on with channels such as *** sports and *** movies but on channels like watch and bt sport it does not. When I restart the box once it boots up I get the message, no fan control hardware, fc2 deactivated. How do I activate fc2, i presume it stands for fan control.

Im also curious to know how to turn on subtitles, alot of the time I have tv on mute and would like to get subtitles on *** sports news...

As i discussed with you in the pm you sent me today// your box has no hardware for fc2 so forget that.

I dont have the box i was fixing for a mate now(thank god) as i hated the thing but i would imagine subtitles will be in the menu or one of the colored buttons on your remote.

I,m also not sure the inbuilt fan done much anyway to be perfectly ohnest...my mates fan was buzzing like a dishwasher starting up and when i took his tuner off to have a look at what was going on there was only 2 screws holding it in place on the processor...i used a screw from a broken laptop and that helped the noise but i really think it comes down to how good a clone it actually is as there was loads of chinese companys making these things.

As long as the box is not getting too hot to handle or crashing then i would imagine its fine...if your really worried about it i think some people do fan mods or buy external fans like used on gaming machines.

MK

• I have put on a new fan, its an overhead fan thats screwed on to the top chassis, i use the original fan connector. It does keep the box cool but not sure why its only operational on certain channels.

My old original fan was terrible.....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!