Oscam is kicking my arse. HELP!

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,084 times. The last Post () by darken9.

• I have been tinkering with Oscam for the last few weeks and I have hit a brick wall. I'm not sure if its my config that's the problem, maybe the card has been deactivated, if that's even possible.
    I have Setanta subscription on an old *** card that worked fine in Cccam until August when BT sports started.
    When I first set up Oscam the card worked first time but then at some point in the rest of the setup it stopped working.
    Please can someone point me in the right direction.

I'm running Vix 3.0 on a Vu+Duo and oscam 1.20 r8639,

Here's the log

conf:

Cheers in advance.

• if you are using Oscam alone in a receiver you should configure dvbapi - add this to your oscam.conf

Code
    [dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    au = 1
    user = user
    boxtype = dreambox

and change entry in oscam.user

Code
    user = user
    pwd =
    group = 1
    monlevel = 0
    au = 1

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Ok so i updated the configs and here;s the log

• That looks OK to me, have you a log extract showing you trying to clear a channel?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• "That looks OK to me, have you a log extract showing you trying to clear a channel?"

When I change the channel to setanta these lines popped up

2013/09/05 00:02:38 50CB58 h unauthorized access from 127.0.0.1
    2013/09/05 00:20:37 0 --- Skipped 2 duplicated log lines ---

• Can you post your full configs as you have them now..
    To be honest m8, I would consider deleting all configs and cam bins, installing the linuxsat add on from here..
    http://linuxsat-support.com/en…upport-addons-plugin.html

Then from the add-on plugin install:
    Cams - OpenVIX) / (Oscam 7675-vix bin + camscript only)
    then install:
    (Cams - OpenViX Oscam dvbapi config) / (SLY_UK_Oscam_DVAPI)

Then from the VU Menu:
    Menu / Setup / Softcam-CI / Softcam Manager
    Select oscam & press OK to start Then press blue button to enable startup..

And thats it.. Tried & tested configs.. I use them myself

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NICE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a million.
    Got it working. Why didn't I know about this plugin before, would have saved me weeks of heartache.
    Now I have to figure out how I share with my peers.
    Tips?

• Glad to hear m8, Here are a few samples of oscam sharing, post 1 basic share, post 2 lots of different urer & server settings...
    You will figure it out from them..
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…am-oscam-oscam-share.html

At a very basic level, you will have to make a user account in oscam.server for each client. e.g.

Code
    [account]
    user                          = [COLOR='#008000']username[/COLOR]
    pwd                           = [COLOR='#FF0000']password[/COLOR]
    au                            = [COLOR='#FFA500']"label of your card reader without quotes"[/COLOR]
    group                         = 1
    cccmaxhops                    = 2

And then the client will have to add a reader for the account u made in his oscam.server

e.g.

Code
    [reader]
    label                         = whatever
    protocol                      = cccam
    device                        = your.dns.address,yourportno
    user                          = [COLOR='#008000']username[/COLOR]
    password                      = [COLOR='#FF0000']password[/COLOR]
    group                         = 1

• OK so I am up and running and my peers seem happy BUT some channels are very glitchy, Sly Movies in particular. Every few minutes the picture freezes for a few seconds and the sound drops out. Also all my peers seem to be on hop 2, I'm not seeing any of their locals as hop1? Is this normal?

OK so I am up and running and my peers seem happy BUT some channels are very glitchy

Is cccam still running?

Menu / Setup / Softcam-CI / Softcam Manager
    If cccam is running, press the OK button to stop it & blue button to disable startup..

Also all my peers seem to be on hop 2, I'm not seeing any of their locals as hop1? Is this normal?

check the reader's for your cccam peers and make sure
    Mindown: = 0

&

check the reader's for your newcamd peers and make sure
    CCC Hop: = 0

you need to use box id to get bt sport and setanta. oscam will not decode these channels without box id

This is not the case, oscam works fine with these channels without boxkey

• CCcam is uninstalled and I don't use newcamd. I went through all my peers and changed the mindown to 0. Peers are still all hop2 and premium channels still very glitchy. Also when the picture and audio freeze only the picture returns, I have to turn the digital down mix off and on to get the audio back. Not sure if this is related to oscam or vix.

• There are a few problems with ViX at the minute m8, I'm not sure if these are related.
    What premium channels are you having the problem with?

Are any of these premium channels on your local?
    If not what kind of ecm times are you getting of peers?

Also m8, from manually installing cams before you heard about Linuxsat-Support-Addons Plugin, you might have a few conflicting scripts..
    Would it be out of the question to reflash & start fresh? At least that way we will be able to say for sure if its ViX or your setup..

• Setanta and bt sports doesnt work without box id. I experienced it myself.

Nonsense...i am running bt sports/espn on a freeview card/bt sports/setanta is also on my eire card and both without boxid entered on server...albeit my oscam version reads the boxid itself!!!

The freeview card i have is from 1 of my spare hd slyboxes so i have no idea what the boxid actually is unless i find that box or use an old version of oscam to retrieve the correct id..as i say tho working fine on both cards with no boxid entered.

MK

• There are a few problems with ViX at the minute m8, I'm not sure if these are related.
    What premium channels are you having the problem with?

Are any of these premium channels on your local?
    If not what kind of ecm times are you getting of peers?

Also m8, from manually installing cams before you heard about Linuxsat-Support-Addons Plugin, you might have a few conflicting scripts..
    Would it be out of the question to reflash & start fresh? At least that way we will be able to say for sure if its ViX or your setup..

It certainly was not out of the question to reflash, I did and still the glitching. But then I installed the latest binary file (8906) and the glitching happens as often but not for as long, just a few mili seconds so it is watchable. Just a bit annoying but an improvment none the less. The channels on my local seem glitch free, its all the other chanels, like movies, sport and FTV channels that glitch.
    The ecm times never spike during a glitch, they're always around 0.2 to 0.4. But most of my peers seem to be hop2. Also the list of proxies in the status tab of the oscam webinf show some peers with hundereds of cards eg: "CONNECTED (1 of 856 cards)" Could these be pay servers?
    Maybe I need some new peers?
    On we go.......

"CONNECTED (1 of 856 cards)" Could these be pay servers?
    Maybe I need some new peers?

I would ditch that peer on my own setup.. Not necessary a payserver, but defo an overloaded server with a hundreds of peers..

What premium channel is glitching? More than likely, this is an issue with whatever peer you are using to clear this channel..

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!