Oscam is kicking my arse. HELP!

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,085 times. The last Post () by darken9.

• Story Fellow, I'm back, with more problems.
    First things first, thanks for the help so far. I added some new peers with fast ecm times and the glitching is not so bad now BUT...
    I have had a couple of peers complain about me overloading their severs. Apparently I took 7000 ecm in 1 hour from one.
    From what I read this is the problem with oscam, it reads every card all the time. I've set cccmaxhops = 3 and cccreshare = 1 on all the readers. Is this enough? Is there any other setting I could change?
    I've a sneaky feeling that optimizing Oscam may well be a never ending adventure!

• I have a problem with the vuduo receiver
    Oscam 8915 version as the server works well but when i give line to client or other receiver as local isp every 30 seconds gous down the server line
    what can be problems pls pm me thanx

I have a problem with the vuduo receiver
    Oscam 8915 version as the server works well but when i give line to client or other receiver as local isp every 30 seconds gous down the server line
    what can be problems pls pm me thanx

You are a member since 2010 cardreader, you should know better than to hijack a thread. Start your own thread for support please..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

I have had a couple of peers complain about me overloading their severs. Apparently I took 7000 ecm in 1 hour from one.

Sounds like a Prefer local Cards & Loadbalancer Issue
    In oscam webif, go to:
    Config / Global / Prefer local cards & set "1-prefer local cards"
    then,
    Config / Loadbalancer / Loadbalance Mode & set to "1 - Fastest Reader First"

From what I read this is the problem with oscam, it reads every card all the time. I've set cccmaxhops = 3 and cccreshare = 1 on all the readers. Is this enough? Is there any other setting I could change?
    I've a sneaky feeling that optimizing Oscam may well be a never ending adventure!

I would always advise people starting out to use cccam server and understant a basic setup before they move to oscam only setup. It can be overwhelming and seem like a neverending adventure but you will get there m8.. trial and error until you do..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Right the load-balencer needed to be changed. Will leave it over night and check the stats but they seem to be going up slower. Considering 7000 in one hour was too many what kind of number is normal?

• It depends whether you are resharing his line or not? If you just have his line in your Solo2 for your own usage, then about 450-500 ecm's p/hour (you can double that if you are recording another premium channel)..

One way to mke sure that you are not resharing any cards is to put all remote readers into their own seperate groups (statring from 10,11,12..) and only add their group to users/box's on your local network

e.g.

oscam.server

oscam.user

• OK, so rather then give each remote reader their own separate group, I put them all in group 2 and put my local in group 1. Then all the users are given group 1 except for my user which is in both 1 and 2. So the way I figure it is I can access every server and they can only access mine. It seems to be working fine, no complaints yet, EXCEPT..............
    This should probably be in its own thread but one of my peers informed me my IP was wide open. The routers firewall was set to low but when I set it to either medium or high Oscam will not connect to anyone. I've added the vu+'s mac address to the list of trusted computers, nothing changed. Also the firewall plugin does not install from the Vix feeds. Ideas?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!