Vpn

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 734 times. The last Post () by conman.

• Can anyone recommend a good VPN Server. I just use it to by-pass US restricted material and the server I'm on at the minute (Mullvad) the speed is really slow lately. My connection is normally 37mb and through this server I'm lucky to get 4mb. Time for someone new at a have decent price!

Cheers

If you are confused then you probably know what's going on!

• Managed to open account with Overplay but every time I tried to make a payment it wouldn't accept so ended up giving up after the girl on live support left me on hold for about 10 mins.
    So in the end I went for HMA (Hide My A**) on special for £51 odds for 12 months, getting a good solid connection and speed is between 12mb-27mb on UK server and between 5mb-16mb into the US on OpenVPN and getting my full 37mb on UK server and speed is more or less the same into the US on PPTP so this will suit me dead on, also connecting any mobile devices without any problem through their PPTP Servers so I can't really ask for better, hell of a lot better than the one I was on anyway and I can now tunnel my VU+ stream a bit more securely onto any laptop and tablet etc:)

• I've used AirVPN for about a year, it's only dropped the connection once. Their web site/forum has pretty good advice/support also.

Speeds are always excellent, you can select /change servers at anytime. I've only got a $hitty 6M DSL connection, but I consistently get about 5M through AirVPN.

I'm not sure about the price, think it's about €60 a year.

• maybe helpfull - hola.org or mediahint.com browser plugin will let you access hulu netflix pandora fox cbs if it is tv you are looking to watch,

for ps3/xbox (any device you can change the dns setting on) you can use tunlr.net

and they are all free to use, if not helpful to you they may be helpful to others.

• Thanks for the replies guys. The HMA has been flawless so far. I just use it when needed but waiting on my Draytek VDSL Router coming to replace the actually not too bad Openreach VDSL router and had already changed my Home Hub for a Netgear as the BT Hub's wireless was really crap with drop outs all the time. So with the Draytek I will have the added benefits of everything in one box plus the VPN stuff and server through USB so I can contain the files I use for work on a linked HDD that and will be separate from the rest of my system. I can also run the VU+ through the VPN for incoming traffic as well so it will be more secure although I set up my devices already to connect to it through VPN but will try alternate routes and see if there is any improvements:)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!