cccam Cardsharing server setup

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,108 times. The last Post () by bigalan.

• Hi guys, new to linuxsat so still trying to find my way around. Im wanting to setup a server for card sharing and wondering the best way possible. Ive got a computer ready for O/S install ubuntu etc, Ive got a *** subscription card, just need a card reader I think and ive got a ***box F5s box to test that the clines from the server work ok? Any advice would be really appreciated? Hoping to share to around 20 users. Again thanks for any advice you can give.
    Dan

• Okey dokey, have made an introduction by opening a thread. Do I just wait to see if someone will reply to my post 'cccam card sharing server setup' or do I post a new thread each day?

Hi guys, new to linuxsat so still trying to find my way around. Im wanting to setup a server for card sharing and wondering the best way possible. Ive got a computer ready for O/S install ubuntu etc, Ive got a *** subscription card, just need a card reader

Welcome to linuxsat-support m8.
    Most people start off with a stb server but If you are dead set on making your first server a PC then there are loads of tuts on here to do just that, see this section!
    linux-pc-server-tutorials

There are lots of different setups. I would always recommend CCcam/OScam for people starting off..
    For the OS, Ubuntu/Debian are the most popular, I personally prefer Ubuntu Server but many others prefer Debian. In terms of reliability & capability, they are pretty much the same.

Same for card readers, Most common Omnikey/Smargo, I personally would rather Omnikey as they are fool proof and built to professional standards.

One thing to check is that your sly card is not already paired, I am not to familiar with the F5 but I am pretty sure they can be configured to read sly card.
    Do this first to make sure your card can be shared..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Got pc all plugged in, just getting all the software together then jumping in to install ubuntu server. Apart from sly card, does anyone know of other cards out there that I can subscribe to and share? Also would I have to buy individual card readers for each card that I intend to share or is there a card reader that accepts a few cards? Still very much a novice on the subject so if anyone would be willing to talk me through the process id really appreciate it or any information that will get me to the goal of hosting my own server running a few different cards and sharing my subscriptions with friends and family or anyone willing to buy a ***box, dreambox etc

• Got pc all plugged in, just getting all the software together then jumping in to install ubuntu server. Apart from sly card, does anyone know of other cards out there that I can subscribe to and share? Also would I have to buy individual card readers for each card that I intend to share or is there a card reader that accepts a few cards? Still very much a novice on the subject so if anyone would be willing to talk me through the process id really appreciate it or any information that will get me to the goal of hosting my own server running a few different cards and sharing my subscriptions with friends and family or anyone willing to buy a ***box, dreambox etc

you dont need a couple of cards to share,, you only need one decent popular card for wherever you which to view ..
    we here help with setting up systems or problemsolving but do not promote cardsharing,,please take the time to read the rules..

• is your card running on an other box now or is it running in an official s** box? if its running with an emu or cam presently then obviously its not paired.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!