Judder free HD - NBOX 5800s/sx on any resolution...

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,444 times. The last Post () by bloto22.

• Well I was hoping to find this eventually - After buying a new receiver due to the only cure for NBOX HD judder seeming to be changing resolution to 1080p and refresh to 25hz which in itself caused ghosting, was browsing around today, I found the following files and a report that someone reported it fixes juddering on OpenPLi 8.3 image. I installed OpenPLi 8.3 and applied the fix, and no HD judder:trbtjrjq: - using 1080i 50hz

rcS file - replace the existing one in /etc/init.d
    player2.ko add or replace in the existing one in /lib/modules
    I would log in with telnet and do init 4 - replace the files and then do init 6 - ensure the permissions are at 755

the two files uploaded here are for different kernel versions. the 'KARNEL 2.6.32.59_stm24_0211.rar‎' version worked for me in OpenPLi 8.3 - not yet tried any other images - but you are encouraged to try and post back your findings! Each rar package contains the two files needed as above - I encourage you to back up first incase you break things...

• Just ordered one of these boxes today. (Mainly because I like the remote and cheapness for a dual tuner)

Will be having a good mess when it arrives. Will be replacing my s6000hd in the bedroom (wife complaining about the smell of burning plastic when in use haha)

• There's still a possibility with this if anyone is able to try - the rcS file is COMPLETELY different for the Amiko Alien2 so using that is a non-runner. However, the way the player2.ko file is called is identical to the way it's called from our current rcS so it is possible that simply overwriting the player2.ko file may provide the fix for the AA2. I can only try late tonight.

• I will give this a go this evening on my hyperon image............hopefully it works !!!!

:shocked: nope....didnt work, hung box on boot, guess i just move to the open pli image and give that a go, worth it if it stops the judder

• :shocked: nope....didnt work, hung box on boot, guess i just move to the open pli image and give that a go, worth it if it stops the judder

there are two - each for a different kernel - have you tried both/checked kernel version?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Same problem using the other Kernal files, copied them as instructed, reboote the box, just sits at HDD1 on the screen on box, HDD1 is where i have hyperion loaded, can get back in to replace the old files.:26_002:

• is there any way this fix could be applied to Hyperion v1 image, or the v2 whenever it finally gets released for NBOX? I've only just got my Hyperion image running stably and don't want to mess with it!! :)

• is there any way this fix could be applied to Hyperion v1 image, or the v2 whenever it finally gets released for NBOX? I've only just got my Hyperion image running stably and don't want to mess with it!! :)

That would be great too ,a fix for Hyperion ..............would save my bacon!!! Impossible to watch a footy game with judder and i don't have a super tv so cant do the 25hz fix.

• i`ll give it a go this evening with the different files, willy question but where would i check the kernal version ?:83:

I am hoping someone else can answer this! - On some images the kernel version might be displayed by pressing menu - information - about, but on OpenPLi 8.3 it doesn't have that info and I realised the version by searching the net and looking at the info posted with the image. As I said I have only seen it confirmed as working with OpenPli 8.3 and have only confirmed that it is working with that myself. OpenPLi runs fine and stable from NAND, but the problem is that there is no Plugin repo, so all plugins have to be installed manually, which isn't a massive problem so long as you are comfortable installing manually. I am sure somewhere there are other options, probably posted somewhere in Polish. I have this working with autobouquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide 6.4 and autotimer, so it is worth it in my opinion to build from scratch. Because of the limitations such as lack of boot options, finer control, backups etc (it really takes a lot of manual configuring), another idea would be to have a version of this installed to a USB drive (I will post the USB version here a bit later on this eve or tommorow) - and you could switch to the patched version when you want to watch some HD footy!

• thanks mate for the info, would be grat if you can post the usb version and if you can, just a few instructions on getting it working, i`ve not had a chance to read up on running an image from usb cheers :)

• musogeek, just to let you know, i have fixed the judder issue on Hyperion image, from reading on other forms this will work for Nebula v2 also, dont know about v1 or v3, maybe someone can test.
    The files you posted KARNEL 2.6.32.59_stm24_0211 , I took only the player2.ko file, as you advised, telnet to the box, type init 4, using Dcc, copy the Player2.ko file to /lib/modules , setting attrib to 755. Back to telnet, type Init 6 , reboot of box. Watching Slk sp0rts new HD ....with no judder!!!!! Same with the other sp0rts channels...... lovely jubbly!!!
    i was getting close to tuning this nbox into a window box!

• bobbyjobby did you go into the tenet section through DCC and just type init 4 in the black box? What does this then do. I can see your steps but what does typing init 4 and init 6 do?

Init commands used in telnet. I always use the native windows telnet bot the one through DCC should be ok

• bobbyjobby did you go into the tenet section through DCC and just type init 4 in the black box? What does this then do. I can see your steps but what does typing init 4 and init 6 do?

Not 100% sure what it does but i did it in the telnet section of DCC(Yes the black box), I think it shuts down enigmea and the Init 6 reboots the box, i was making the mistake before of just replacing the player2.ko file whist watching a station, hence it didn't work, only after doing what Musogeek advised did it work correctly

• Hey, thanks for this. I've done it and no judder indeed. buuuuutt. I am seeing more freezes on the channels though for up to 5secs+. Just wondering whether anybody else who has done this has noticed similar or whether it's just my box. This is on Hyperion V1

• Hey, thanks for this. I've done it and no judder indeed. buuuuutt. I am seeing more freezes on the channels though for up to 5secs+. Just wondering whether anybody else who has done this has noticed similar or whether it's just my box. This is on Hyperion V1

Yes you could be on to something there, my Hyperv1 box has been acting funny since i changed the file, keeps dropping the network, hanging and channel freeze, whilst my other Nbox with Nebula zero v2 is working ok, fingers crossed, i dont use a payserver, but have my own subscription shared in the house so i know its not anything to do with external factors. Will keep an eye on it

• ok being running Nebula v2 with the judder fix for over a week now and no issues or freezes, nice and stable ...thank F**K :)

i just have two things that are annoying me at the moment, one is that certain channels are defaulting to narrative (voice over ) whilst others are fine and the only other annoying thing is that the info bar pops up now and then without doing anything, just pops up with the channel guff, as if i had just pressed the info button.
    anyone know of a fix ????

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!