Virgin Superhub does anyone have wireless extender working with there Hub ??

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,942 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• Hi All

I have Virgin SuperHub and need a better wireless signal for mobile phone and my laptop upstairs have been looking at some wireless extenders and boosters just wondered if any other forum members have used an extender or booster with there hub and was it worth getting and what would they recommend before i get one, I was looking at this one to buy ( TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender ) ??

Thanks Guys

• It wont help for mobile devices but moan to Virmin Carmine

You will be sent a wifi dongle that solved my problem with me lappy!

Although a friend of a friend of a friend lol told me other day that they have or are introducing a new SuperHub that should solve any wifi problems.......

Perhaps give them a call and complain to start!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• used a couple of these without any issues arrising ¬ simples to set up and very reliable so far
    Technomate TM-300 E Wireless Range Extender/Booster & Bridge Home Plug | eBay

Other brands and deals are available just showed the link to what i have used !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• wireless drops out quite abit but only in room upstairs as it is quite far away lol but otherwise superhub been great just want better wireless signal upstairs, virgin been very good but hard work getting any free bees from them lol

• Virgin SuperHub is terrible in my eyes, had issues from day one, it would randomly close ports after a few days, wifi signal was never really consistant,

i have since put the superhub into mode3m mode only and added a secondary wireless router to it. never missed a beat since......

• Virgin SuperHub is terrible in my eyes, had issues from day one, it would randomly close ports after a few days, wifi signal was never really consistant,

i have since put the superhub into mode3m mode only and added a secondary wireless router to it. never missed a beat since......

so you think not worth getting extender then lol ??

• so you think not worth getting extender then lol ??

my hubs wireless would drop out all the time, all the extender will do is drop it over over a larger area haha,

i am not saying that the extenders wont work, because they do (my dad has one)

but i did alot of research on the superhub, and they all seem to suffer with broadband/wireless/port routing. but work fantastic with the broadband only if you know what i mean.

• my hubs wireless would drop out all the time, all the extender will do is drop it over over a larger area haha,

i am not saying that the extenders wont work, because they do (my dad has one)

but i did alot of research on the superhub, and they all seem to suffer with broadband/wireless/port routing. but work fantastic with the broadband only if you know what i mean.

i know what you mean wonder if it is still worth trying a wireless extender or booster

• Hi Guys ,

I have decided to go for ( TL-WPA271KIT ) its a starter kit so should work better than what i was going to try which all that would of done is double an already weak signal.

Will let you know how good or bad it is when it arrives and i have installed lol

• Hi All

I have Virgin SuperHub and need a better wireless signal for mobile phone and my laptop upstairs have been looking at some wireless extenders and boosters just wondered if any other forum members have used an extender or booster with there hub and was it worth getting and what would they recommend before i get one, I was looking at this one to buy ( TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender ) ??

Thanks Guys

I have a superhub and well had 3 or 4 now, useless things, they are prone to overheating and as soon as they do they lockup or reset. nothing on gods earth will keep them cool because of a design flaw ( No fan).
    So as VM is by far the best and fastest and dare i say one of the cheapest £/MB I stick with them and use the Superhub in Modem mode.

By far the best wireless router is
    TP-Link Archer C7 1750Mbps Wireless-AC Dual Band Gigabit Router and this gives a WPA2 signal that covers my 5 bedroom house

Also do have a a pair of TP-Link powerline adaptor, getthe fastest you can afford and connect them them to mission critical mains sockets,
    (I link t from router to first mains PL and then connect 2nd PL to were my media unit is powered and use a small 4 port hub ) to provide networking to ( TV - Satellite receiver - Cable box and blue ray player) as you want these to have a permanent conenction.

I do use a wireless extender as well, WA850RE anywhere you still have an issue, but it must be withing range of the main router signal and have an available wall socket.

I no longer have networking issues :-)

Also noticed that the Tp-Link keeop the same model numbers but now use different chassis, so checkout what your getting, ****tech are cheap and have a great range of the latest networkign gear :-)

Hope this helps
    Doggo

Hope this helps

• latest -

have got pairing and configuring power line extender , after i had been told to pair which i then found had un paired them i had to press upstairs one for 1sec then press downstairs one for 5secs am now on wireless settings which i have saved as they and added password but when i go to connect it doesnt ? should i have same channel as hub downstairs ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!