Do i have a faulty Solo2 box, or am i expecting too much?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,385 times. The last Post () by TopBuzz.

• I bought the Vu+ Solo2 direct from the forum sponsor a few days ago, with the Vix image pre-installed. I was expecting a huge learning curve coming directly from a standard sly box, but to be honest, was totally surprised how quickly i was up and running, with the basics :smile: Working on the theory that as long as i have a stable picture and can choose the desired channels, the rest will come together, as i learn more. One thing that puzzles me though, is that i honestly expected that with the claim of "the fastest twin tuner PVR on earth" the remote control button presses, and subsequent acknowledgement from the box, would be at least as quick as the Sly box that i was using previously. The light illuminates on the remote, and sometimes, the box's reaction is instantaneous, but on other occasions, several presses of the remote are needed before it springs into action. Am i expecting too much? Is this behaviour something i just need to get used to? or could i have an issue with the box?
    There can be no excuse that i may have an obstacle between the remote, and receiver, as it behaves the same way with only inches between the two. I'm loving the box so far, and have even managed to successfully install an internal hdd and record progs too, and with my limited knowledge, it's testament to the relative ease of use of the Vu+ Solo2, but i can't help but feel that the fastest twin tuner PVR on earth, should respond to the remote control a little quicker.

Any advice guys???

• Have a slight hi cup with the remote as well
    a bit lazy @ times but i think its the hdd as i keep my epg on it
    its a bit worse just after restarting (the hdd loading up data ect...)
    I suspect, dont think its the solo LOL

• The Duo2 acts like that too,,as if there was a lag then of course being impatient and press again ,it jumps 2 lines/spaces for example in channels list..
    This is not down to image in my opinion as it happens in all tried images..
    At the end of the day it´s nothing to worry about either..
    ahh and the fastest pvr is......... !!! It´s called marketing !!!
    on a side note the UNO has never reacted in this manner.

• Have a slight hi cup with the remote as well
    a bit lazy @ times but i think its the hdd as i keep my epg on it
    its a bit worse just after restarting (the hdd loading up data ect...)
    I suspect, dont think its the solo LOL

no, epg is held in live memory so it wont affect the HDD at all.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I dont think ive downloaded anything at all and added it. I dont have picons (only learned what they were yesterday). I also dont have any energy saving light bulbs in the house, unless u count LED bulbs? I cant say ive noticed any "double presses" meaning it jumps two lines etc, it just completely fails to respond whatsoever, and in my frustration, i press again and again until it does respond, which could take as many as 5-6 presses.

• Just a thought - new receivers usually have a very thin bit of clear protective film on the front of the receiver which sometimes if left on hinders the effectiveness of the receiver picking up signals from the IR remote. A long shot I know - but worth a mention!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• The Duo2 acts like that too,,as if there was a lag then of course being impatient and press again ,it jumps 2 lines/spaces for example in channels list..
    This is not down to image in my opinion as it happens in all tried images..
    At the end of the day it´s nothing to worry about either..
    ahh and the fastest pvr is......... !!! It´s called marketing !!!
    on a side note the UNO has never reacted in this manner.

My duo2 was behaving exactly like this. Was advised to run A VFD Controller upgrade in the firmware upgrade plugin. Worked a treat. Duo2 remote now working as good as my solo2.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!