do you get setanta ireland when you sign up?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 566 times. The last Post () by sync.

• hi all, i see setanta offering both setanta sports 1 and setanta ireland, however i heard someone say you wont be able to receive the setanta ireland channel as it needs to be registered to a southern ireland address? is this correct? also they are offering the 2 channels along side bt sports 1 & 2, and espn as one whole package for under £15 whilst bt sports is just the 3 channels alone, so what are you paying for with bt? hd channels? appreciate any input you guys have got. cheers

• Bt sports in the Uk includes BT 1&2 ESPN ,HD
    Setanta Ireland sports is only available to Southern Ireland and includes both Setanta channels, BT sports 1&2 and espn,HD

The united Kingdom includes England,Wales,Scotland and Northern Ireland.
    Therefore it is out of reach for anyone living outside southern Ireland.

Hope this clears it up.
    I know because i went out with a girl from Co Clare.

• thanks for clearing that up citizian, i do believe people in the uk who have family and friends in southern ireland, have the card registered to their address but view the channels from within the uk? not sure why they are receiving all 5 channels compared to just the 3 fom bt and at a better price, are you sure they offer in hd aswell as this is not mentioned on their website.

• The Setanta Sports Pack now includes the BT Sport channels & ESPN. With 71 Premier League Games including 18 top picks the new pack has a whole lot to offer football fans this season.
    Sign up now and you’ll get the first 2 months at €12.99* per month, plus if you go online there’s no connection fee. That’s Setanta’s best offer but hurry because it’s available for a limited time only!

Subscribe | Setanta Sports Ireland

• thanks for clearing that up citizian, i do believe people in the uk who have family and friends in southern ireland, have the card registered to their address but view the channels from within the uk? not sure why they are receiving all 5 channels compared to just the 3 fom bt and at a better price, are you sure they offer in hd aswell as this is not mentioned on their website.

Setanta Ireland is not in hd like other optional pay channels/boxnation/racing uk are also the same with no hd although Btsports and Espn have HD options.

Setanta can also charge what they like and if they offer a similar price to bt with extra channels then thats up to them although bt are doing thier own offers like completely free channels with hd for a year if you subscribe to bt broadband.

I think the free HD ran out end of july if you have bt broadband tho.

And yes a registered setanta card from Ireland will work not only in ireland or the british isles but wherever your dish can pick up the beam for setanta channels!

MK

• Your options for Setanta are -

- Negotiate/trade lines with a peer who has the setanta channels, in exchange for something you have, if you do share.
    - Purchase a card/subscription from a site that offers Setanta (a few have been mentioned in the past, I couldn't say how good or bad they are personally, as I haven't purchased from them personally).
    - Get someone in Ireland to subscribe for you.

Hope this helps.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• thanks sync however this doesn't answer my question.

Setanta have the rights for BT Sport in the Rep of Ireland
    So the only way to get that package in the uk is to either have an Irish card with it on it or share with someone that has an Irish card.
    So €19.99 per month (irish card) for BT Sport 1 & 2 in sd and hd, ESPN in sd and hd and Setanta Ireland and Setanta 1 is a really good deal imo

If you can get an Irish card that is :-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!