Champions Hyperion v2 Complete Image

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,859 times. The last Post () by tommybo.

• Hi all

I like many, have been through the frustration of finding is a stable E2 image for Alien2. Once the box goes under the TV, the family then start to enjoy it until the lockups start and the frustration sets in before being finally ridiculed as to why we bought these heaps of junk. Well now, I have finally got a stable box to be proud of and am delighted to share it with others. There's no point just keeping it to myself :)

Given that it's based around python2.7 (like OpenAR-P) rather than the HDMU based 2.6, I certainly found that CPU usage is very low (idle 85% on average) and memory is good. These figures (Telnet to box and type "TOP") seem way lower to HDMU figures. There is one MASSIVE difference with Hyperion in that streaming of channels other than the ones being watch on the box actually work. I could never get this working in AR-P. You can also do software upgrades from within the image.

Here's a link to my complete Hyperion v2 Amiko Alien2 based Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b24u…s%20Hyperion%20v2%202.zip

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide, 1channel, Icefilms, TSMedia, Various Skins, all Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam (blank - no line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, OpenWebIf, Streaming channels separate from one being watched - yipee, SambaServer, PermanentTimeShift and IPTV Updater v1.1.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Enjoy and I'm sure other users will benefit from any feedback you have for this Image

FTP Login username root, password pkteam

Oscam Web Gui - http://box_ip:8888 username root password oscam

When finished, go to Menu > PKT Bluepanel > Actualizations > Download to pull down the latest image which includes the HD Judder Fix

This image was built at 1080p. If you want to use 720p, do the following on the remote after the receiver has fully booted:-
    Press Menu, Up, Up, Up, Ok, Ok, Ok, Down, Right, Green

If using Scart
    Press Menu, Up, Up, Up, Ok, Ok, Ok, Left, Green

Enjoy

• I have installed and i tried scart setting as i have led monitor full hd and tv tuner also hd full i have connected through AV But it does not display even i pressed menue UP,UP,UP,OK,OK,OK and left and green please help me

• Hi M8 gonna flash your image 2 my box. Is this the most up to date/stable one you have made? seen a few under your workmanship. Your Image is the bee knees champion pat on the back for all that hard work much appreciated. Using scart, when box is fully booted up, don't suppose you know what will be showing on display on box? :thumbsup:

• Been using a week now, so far so good.
    Only gripe I'm working with is the remote, when I mute it brings up MenuQuickButton plugin.

Everything else seems solid dude. VERY stable and responsive
    - I like the online updater too, HD judder gone and channels look great now 1080p 50Hz.
    - Blue panel very good. Lot of additional options to tweak around with.
    - HDD mount worked from offset, no config needed.
    - No stuttering on stations, was at start but that was mis-configured oscam.server file on my behalf (BTW the gui from web is really good job, like it)
    - Watch one and record one seems to work fine (I did however change Tuner C to "equal tuner B") The OpenAR-P image would sometime not record at all, haven't had that happen here (at least not yet)
    - Resume from standby no longer has issue of no video display (power off and on via remote would resolve it)

What's the story with the overclock module by the way?

EPG would be slightly slower to load than your OpenAR-P image but really that's just being pernickety lol.

Missing a few Picons as well but that's usually the case for me anyway, I mean I would not even consider that a problem.
    Just cant mind the pack I downloaded to fill them last time lol.

Keep up the good work man.
    Hopefully someone finds my little review useful.

Regards,
    S

• Hi big thank for this image have it running on a friends box. Would just like to know as i'm looking to test a C & N line but I don’t know where to ftp it as I own a Vu and have no knowledge with this receiver thanks.

• Hi, I am using the hyperion v2 image. I cannot get the parental control to work. If I lock a boquets list and then go to a channel, it does not go to the selected channel and does not ask for the pin. Please help. Thanks

• Hi big thank for this image have it running on a friends box. Would just like to know as i'm looking to test a C & N line but I don’t know where to ftp it as I own a Vu and have no knowledge with this receiver thanks.

Hi M8,
    you need to edit the oscam server file,and ftp it . I think it is usr/keys, but notsure as don't have access to box at moment.Have a look on google regardiing editing file

• hey guys. few questions.

1 - my HDD is recognised, but I cant seem to set it up to record/timeshift . the HDD is mounted on /dev/sda: 320gb
    2 - I got to actualisatizations - firmwarware - download but it comes up with "no archive on the server.

anyway you guys can help me out with this please.

thanks for the image by the way

• I am am the same problem mate I have tried 2 hdd a 320 and 250 formated ntfs and fat 32 I get /.sa1 in mounted and parttion is shown and active the record side works upto the point of choosing when to start, Cross epg wont download when the hdd is mounted and I cant change the output folder of crossepg to the hdd but will download when the hdd is disabled/disconnected can anyone run through the setup procedure for correctly mounting the hdd to this image

• Hi stuhar, I had the same problem but when I checked in the blue panel the hard drive path was /dev/sdb: 250gb.
    Check this as after I changed path all was good.

• Hard drive works better if format to ext3.had same problem once formatted to. Ext3 EPG and record worked OK.can use mini partition 7 to format box hope this helps

• great image but havin probs with the oscam how can i change to a different version when i try in the oscam manger it just green screens me anyone help?

• Hi,
    Just an update.

Been using 6 weeks now, going well.

Issue with the parental lock not displaying as you type pin but thats nothing.

Stability of the box is UNREAL compared to the original image that came on my box (satstation - if im allowed to say that? if not mods plz amend)
    Functionality is tenfold as well of course. No issues with HDD mount (320GB Western Digital laptop hdd via USB to SATA cable on ext3 format)
    Reliability too, we had 2 crashes and both where me mucking around with settings lol.
    The box hasn't locked up at all (each crash reset Enigma just)
    BluePanel is handy too, the online update fixed the HD Judder :)

My Issues (If you could call them that, moreso quibbles)
    - EPG program information, detailed information I mean, sometimes just wont show (prog title shows but no info below) but pressing INFO button will load another EPG screen where detail appears
    - Remote response is faster than satstation no doubt but slower than your OPENAR-P image
    - When I mute as well I get an error on screen as I removed the QuickButton/QuickMenu setting for it cause it was annoying, just gota press Exit
    - Boot time is about 15 seconds slower than OPENAR-P lol

Overall though this is certainly the best image iv seen on the Alien2.

Keep up the good word Championc

P.S. Dont suppose you could get 7 day EPG working n the MiniHD? lol

Regards,
    S

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!