Vu+Solo not starting

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 853 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I got a used VU+Solo box on ebay, not sure if it is genuine or clone as it didnt state. It arrived today and when i switched it on it loaded up the VIX image screen. That is all it does, just shows the image screen and does nothing else. It will flash up the VIX icon in top left corner as if it were loading, i have tried resetting it and using the remote to get something to work but no joy. Any ideas what it might be?

• I got a used VU+Solo box on ebay, not sure if it is genuine or clone as it didnt state. It arrived today and when i switched it on it loaded up the VIX image screen. That is all it does, just shows the image screen and does nothing else. It will flash up the VIX icon in top left corner as if it were loading, i have tried resetting it and using the remote to get something to work but no joy. Any ideas what it might be?

reflash an image buddy.

• You are best to find out whether this box is in fact genuine or if its a clone because you could damage the box flashing original images on clones ... Have a search on google and compare what your box looks like with the lid off!!

MK

• I would say. To be honest if it didn't load up you should have just packed it back up and sent it back as not working.

If it was advertised as a genuine box just start a paypal claim stating it doesn't work. Don't bother telling them its a clone as they don't give a rats arse. If you tell them its broken you should get your money back.

Nano

• You are best to find out whether this box is in fact genuine or if its a clone because you could damage the box flashing original images on clones ... Have a search on google and compare what your box looks like with the lid off!!

MK

Nahh that's not true. All willl happen is the receiver wont boot and will require a reflash. Loading the wrong bootloader or a image intended for a different model is another matter entirely.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Nahh that's not true. All willl happen is the receiver wont boot and will require a reflash

What you should do pheonix is read the thread via a computer rather than your super duper Gt mobile because you will find that what i have stated is actually true in certain cases!!!

Since we are talking clones pheonix then you should be able to see that some people have actually bricked v1 and possibly v2 chip vu boxes using original images...I gave the member here the benefit of the doubt because we were all none the wiser at the time whether this box was actually a clone or an original receiver.. anyway it appears its now a v3.2 chip on this solo so original images should work on it and if they dont then a reflash should sort it...you also have to be aware v3.2 chip boxes should have a v3 chip installed but this does not mean they have the v3.2 update as claimed....this can be done via serial of course...i assume you dont use clone vu boxes like myself but i do research problems whichever box that may be!!!

@Admin/staff I appreciate and agree that clones should and must not be supported here because its not fair for everyone including the forum supporter due to excess problems that can occur.

Loading the wrong bootloader or a image intended for a different model is another matter entirely.

Who even said this!!!!again maybe that phone is playing tricks on you!!!

MK

• Official Post

As the receiver is a clone model this thread will now be closed, for the record though i have a friend who against my advice went ahead & purchased a clone solo about 18 months ago then turned up at my door tail between legs a few weeks ago because he had flashed the latest VIX:snicker:

It was eventually recovered with rs232 lead so on this occasion i agree with phoenix, remember the clones have been cloned too maybe the totally bricked are these models:lmao:

Lets just leave it there, not worth arguing about.
    :tenb:

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!