card updated but not receiving all the channels!

There are 36 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,970 times. The last Post () by nano.

• hi fellas, my card has been updated but it wont clear the sports or movie channels, however i am able to get sly sports news, anyone know how i could get these to clear?

thanks in advance.

• How did you update your card m8?? Also, Sly Sports News SD clears on paired card

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• hey mate, i put it in the original receiver for 2 secs while i used the online activatemychannels link and pulled it out again, when i put it back in the card reader i could see my entitlements but not all clearing, i read that if the last digit in the serial number is in brackets then the card is paired, however there is none on the last digit but unsure if it has paired?

this was after trying the pin change, ordering more services, trying the activate my channels online while cccam protocol was setup with oscam, also had sly send me signals a few times with my setup but after 3 weeks nothing was happening.

• Looks like your stuck mate, Rings 5ky tell them your two year old has taken the card out of the box and lost it. When the new card comes activate it in an old 5ky SD box. You will still then have access to the premium SD channels.

Nano

• Your card has obviously been paired to slys new pairing method....why on earth did you do this:lala:

It has been well documented here and elsewhere not to do that!!!

i know, i am now kicking myself for this! but i did try to update it without doing this a long time before.

• thanks nano i will do that today, question, when the new card comes could i not just put it in oscam for it to update and get all channels i am subscribed to ? or even after activating it in an old sd box then put it in the card reader for oscam ? also my brother has a drx890-c he has but has not been subscribed to sly for over a year, if he were to ring them up and subscribe would i be able to use this one and cancel mine?

thanks for your help guys.

• hi fellas, is anyone able to answer the questions i posted above? would really appreciate it if anyone could give any input as i want to get this resolved as soon as pos before i lose my shares.

thanks again

• Try what nano is suggesting buddy, then when you receive the new card try it in you oscam server, it will either work or it won't.... if it doesn't then pair it to a old Sly sd box as suggested and then put the card into your oscam server, better to have all the channels in sd than none at all...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I don't think a new card will activate in OSCam, not anymore anyway.

Just remember even though it may be very unlikely, you don't know what OSCam will write to the card. If it doesn't activate and you then you stick it in the 5ky box for call back to 5ky there is no saying what info is sent to 5ky. Nobody seems to know what info could be passed back back and forward between the box and the server at 5ky so please bare that in mind. Either way all you are doing is just prolonging the inevitable. 5ky are planning on phasing out the older SD boxes over the next 18 months so there is no saying how much longer we will have the ability to use the 5ky card outside of the 5ky Dodgyboxes.

Just put the card into an old SD receiver, connect it to the phone line and then go into the engineers menu to do a new installation.

Press the 5ky button
    Press Services button
    Select System Setup option (4)
    press '01' and then 'Select'

That will get you into the engineers menu on an older SD box

You then press 6. New Installation, follow the instructions.

This option performs a channel scan (previously know as an ASTRA scan) to get the latest channel information then attempts to call back to 5ky to activate the card and register the box details. Activation will only take place if the card is in transit status (has not yet been used and has the relevant subscriptions queued on it). It is also used by engineers to update box details on our systems although the card still has to be paired to the box by us or the engineer for it to work correctly.

Hope this helps.

Nano

• nano

I have read that the only sd box is a particular model (sorry don't know which one atm) of a Thompson.

I have an old Pace sd box, do you know if a pace will work or is my comment above correct.

so with every bit of hate in me to the scumbag paysavers for screwing everything up for us genuine enthusiast.

regards: canthackit

• Any SD box will work as non of them can run the new pairing algorithm.

Nano

• The card is paired to the receiver when it is activated. 5ky do not activate the cards before they are sent out.

Nano

• hi nano thanks for all your help, despite what you have said regarding oscam i will try it first as i would like the hd if its possible but i am aware its unlikely as is passing any information back to sly after attempting oscam, i will let you know how it goes.

• We will have to wait and see, although i think its just prolonging the inevitable, these cards will eventually go down no matter what we do. If Dolce and Total TV did it theres nothing to stop 5ky UK going the same way.

Nano

• hi nano, just an update, i received my new card, put it in oscam and it immediately unlocked the sly channels, however it didn't unlock my bt sports or box nation sub, i was thinking this was because sly had changed the viewing card number however when i rang bt sport to update the viewing card number, they said they already have the new viewing card number on their system so its got me scratching my head to why these channels are not decoding as sly must have contacted both bt and box nation to give the new card viewing number as the old viewing number has been disabled, any ideas?

• Pass, I don't subscribe to those channels so as to why they are not working, i wouldn't know.

Nano

• ah ok no worries mate, will keep on trying to find a way round it as my peers are wondering whats going on, struggling to hold them off any longer, i watch mostly 5ky italia but not sure how long its going to last if i don't find a way. thanks anyways.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!