Sly dish viewing card

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,833 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hey guys, so my sly card seems to be paired so from what I gather im pritty much screwed. Just wondering if anyone knows of another viewing card out there that I can view the channels through my sly dish?
    Dan

• You can view channels from 19e, 13e and 23e with your 5ky dish, however you will have to re-align it first. 5ky is the only broadcaster that uses the 28.2e position.

I would recommend getting a 60/80cm dish with multi lnbs on it. That way you can view all three sats and still keep your 5ky box.

Nano

• What viewing card would I have to subscribe to? Ideally want the main stream channels, ie disney channel for the kids, football for me when the mrs allows it, lol. Dont mind spending a little, just sick of paying £105 to sly each month for them to then offer better deals to new customers instead of offering existing customers any discounts. Speaking to the family about it and the original intention was to card share my viewing card and then all chip in so we were all saving but with my card being paired, i think, thats put a spanner in the works. Just dont know what to do for the best now, do I just bite the bullet and stay with sly or is there an alternative that gets me most of the channels while saving me and ideally my family some money? Bit long winded but any suggestions or your current satellite setup would be appreciated.
    Dan

• Hey guys, can anyone offer advice on checking if my sly card is paired to my sly box. Had the same card for about 5 years and the box has never been connected to internet but was connected to a telephone line for about a week when I first has sly installed. oscam says 19 entitlements but not sure if that is normal or not, dont seem to get the subscribed channels when im trying to share the card so just wondering if it definately is a paired card or something else.
    Dan

• Just recently mate, setup ubuntu server 12.04 running cs studio and oscam. Got an openbox to test if was working ok as intended to share my sly card with the family but when I put a cline in the openbox im only getting the basic channels. Someone said my card is paired with sly so game is up for me. Just wanted to check if that was definatley the case before I throw this server and openbox away, lol

• If the card has all of a suddenly stopped decoding the premium channels then its been paired with the new encryption method. If you want a card similar to 5ky UK then look at a 5ky Italia card. The broadcasts are very similar to the UK version and most channels have the English soundtrack.

Nano

• Is there a specific way I can check? ie with my card number? Never had the card working as recently just set it all up so not sure if its just a fault or something as opposed to the card being paired. Getting BBC and a few others, think its the same channels as what I get on freeview.
    Thanks guys

• Is there a specific way I can check? ie with my card number? Never had the card working as recently just set it all up so not sure if its just a fault or something as opposed to the card being paired. Getting BBC and a few others, think its the same channels as what I get on freeview.
    Thanks guys

Do not start brandishing your card viewing number around whatever you do!! besides thats nothing to do with anything on nds cards,,it sounds like there is something wrong with your setup..if you have ..is it 19 entitlements? then you should receive channels i have described in post 8 here...at least those channels!!!

MK

• Work out the boxkey and then just put the card in your receiver under CCCam. CCCam only needs the boxkey to decode the card if the card hasn't been paired using the new algorithm. If it still doesn't clear in CCCam then you know your answer.

You don't need to use OSCam for a 5ky UK card. CCCam will quite happily decode the card without any of the fuss or setup time that is required with OSCam.

Nano

• So connected everything back up again to see what channels are clearing and what are not. Seem to be getting discovery channels, some of the disney channels and a bunch of others. Not getting any premium HD channels, ie sly sports1,2,3 etc or movies. Any ideas if my sly card is paired or if ive done something wrong?

• OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build r8917
    Readers 1/1
    Hide Restart r 1 ***uk ON OFF 127.0.0.1 0 pcsc 03.10.13 21:14:22 07:24:22 0963:183C *** Digital (UK): Discovery Channel +1 no data 00:00:06 CARDOK (19 entitlements)
    Clients 1/1 (1 with ECM within last 25 seconds)
    Hide Kill c 1 cccam ON ON 127.0.0.1 36926 newcamd (CCcam) 03.10.13 21:14:52 07:23:52 0963:183C *** Digital (UK): Discovery Channel +1 by ***uk (92ms) 00:00:06 OK

• Hey guys, so you can prob gather from above that im having issues sharring all the channels that my 5ky subscription card has, still not sure if the card is paired or another problem? If my card was paired would I be getting the disney channel, nickelodeon, mtv, discovery channels amongst others. Seem to be having issues with the premium channels in standard viewing and HD viewing (5ky movies, sports etc). Thouht the channel list I put on the box might have been wrong so done an manual search and got a few more channels, prob cause channel list was dated but didnt solve the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated?
    Dan

• Me again, just an update with the hope someone can help :). My dad, brother and sister have 5ky so went round earlier today to try each of their cards in my server hoping 1 would work, all cards have the full package btw, 2 cards showed 19 entitlements in oscam but only able to view normal channels plus discovery, mtv, disney channels and a few others but no sports, movies, HD. Last card showed no entitlements in oscam so only got basic channels, no mtv, disney etc. Hoping its just an update problem or something not configured correctly, ie dns settings or something else. Anyone willing to remote my system and see if they notice something wrong or maybe I could give a cline for someone to test for me? Not sure if the openbox im testing from is setup right, think it is fine but dont want to rule anything out. Dont know if this will help but my 5ky box model number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. thanks in advance :)

• Is this card a new card bud I have 2 new ones weeks old only and I dont show as many entitlements as you and both have full package and clear in the original box and they are 100% paired with no doubts , Reading thru this thread sounds like the card is paired ,wondering why there is a difference though , I should be on later tonight Id be interested in having a look ,

Steve

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!