Dm500 to 3G usb dongle

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,434 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• hi all i wanna connect my dm 500 to my laptop via ethernet cable and my laptop is running a unlimited usb dongle.My laptop has windows 7 on and id like to kno what conections i have to set up on my laptop

• Very easy mate

Install your usb broadband dongle as normal

Connect laptop to dream etc via ethernet cable( must be a crossover type ) unless you use a network switch

Setup internet connection sharing within windows on your mobile broadband connection

Assign your laptop a static ip on the lan of say 192.168.1.1

Assign your receiver a static ip of say 192.168.1.2

All being well your box should now have internet connectivity . Just be aware that some mobile broadband providers have there own NAT on network and certain ports are blocked. So you may need to experiment .

thx

t

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• hi

How to connect dream box using 3g, GPRS or HSPA

1. Connect your USB dongle to computer and connect to the internet.
    2. goto run menu and type cmd or
    accessories Command Prompt/ Programs /start
    3. you will get dos command screen
    4. type ipconfig
    5. You will be given two ip settings, you might see on top 192.168.0.1 or some ip range.
    7. Connect your dream box to tv and connect your computer also, if you connect using directly, you should use cross cable to connect your computer.
    8. you should share your network connection, to do that
    network connections / settings
    9. start select your 3G or GPRS connection.
    10. click right mouse button and select properties and select advance tab on the dialog box and on the internet connection sharing tab select allow user to share my internet connection

click ok button and close it

Then go to dreambox on the set ip address as if you computer ip communication settings settings menu is 192.168.0.1 then select your ip as 192.168.0.2 then Set gateway as your computer ip “192.168.0.1” and name server also same ip rest of the things same.

Save it and close

Wait till online comes and try to browse channels

• & dont forget to open your windows firewall ports on your shared internet connection to allow your cccam server port traffic if you are also hosting a card via this method . You may have to experiment a bit with ports as some mobile isp's block ports from within their own network and theres not much you can do about it . Ping time is the biggest factor for you in mobile broadband . You will find it very hard to watch certain n$s cards if you have a bad 3g signal wherever you are.
    regards

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!