Need help in changing resolution of a backup image!

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 839 times. The last Post () by fyusuf1.

• Hi all, I'm just experimenting with a load of different images for my alien shd8900 but a lot of the backups are obviously set for 720p or 1080p and as i'm using a scart connection all I can hear is sound but I can't see anything! I've tried pressing al different buttons on the remote including the V format button but it stays the same! I'm probably missing something very simple but as i'm new to all of this i'm completely at a loss! I've tried searching for my answer but I don't seem to come up with anything useful so i'm throwing it out there to all you more experienced to see if there's an answer to my problem!
    I really need to try out some of these backup images 'cos they have various fixes or come with all the add ons I want pre installed as it seems that these boxes aren't quite updated with standard updates as most other boxes are! I would ultimately just plug it in to a HDMI TV but I don't have one at the moment and the only way of doing so would be to use my PC screen but then i'm going to need to buy a new lead for it too so if I can get it done without much hassle then i'd be more than happy! Thanks in advance to all that reply.

• I'm probably missing something very simple.

Indeed.......

<1> An Introduction post is required before you start using the forum, requests for support without an Introduction post will be ignored.

Code
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=15391

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I'd already introduced myself but due to the way the forum is set it makes it hard for new members to post directly after introducing themselves because the post has to be approved 1st! Anyway, introduction is done and up so does anyone have any ideas of what to try? Is there a file buried in the file systems somewhere that I can change to set the right resolution at all?

• Hey Mate, I don't know if this is any help but i asked a mate who has an alien and has scart set up. You have to do it blind i'm afraid but with a HDMU backup you need to do the following

Menu-down arrow 6 times-ok-ok-ok-left arrow once-then press the green button once-then press the down arrow once-then press ok

If anyone has other images on could they let us know what you need to do from other images (backup and fresh)

If you load a fresh image on your alien (not a backup) can you let the people who have scart only connection what they need to do (how many screens and how many button downs to change the resolution to Scart) (If you have Scart only connection you are unable to see anything until the box is put on top Scart)

Also if you have any other image Open ARP, Open Pli, Pkteam etc image running can you please let us know how to change the resolution to scart like i have done for the HDMU image above

thanks Rikk

• been speaking with another mate who has one and you need to

FTP using dcc in to /etc/enigma2/settings and change this file config.misc.videowizardenabled=false in to true i.e config.misc.videowizardenabled=true I think that will run the video setup wizard and allow you to select scart. Just forgot to say needs a hard reset i.e on/off switch immediately after change.

• I used the web interface to use the remote control and changed the resolution that way if that helps? you may want to check with the router what the ip of your box is.

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!